Lost and found (Vampire Artemis AU, part five, Artino)

~Artemis's POV~

I groaned, sitting up. My head spun and I left like I was going to be sick. I realised I had rope tightly rapped around my wrists "E-Eh?!" I stuttered. The last thing I could remember was snuggling with Shino...
Shino! Is he ok?! I tried to stand up but I was forcefully launched back to the ground. "HELLO?!" I yelled, feeling tears start to build in my eyes. The door clicked open. "Hi." A women taunted, I stared at her, horrified. "So you're a vampire.." she walked up to me. Two other people appeared in the door way "G-Get away from me!-" I yelled

I couldn't see their faces, only their eyes. And their eyes terrified me, they practically glowed with malicious intention. "Vampires are just so fascinating... so rare... so powerful." The women walked up to me, sitting down infront of me and caressing my face. I sank my teeth into her hand "AGH!" She yelled out, ripping her blood-socked hand away from me and stumbling back up, one of the people ran up to the women and held her shoulders "you little..." she growled at me, her voice cutting off at the end and her knees going numb. She collapsed after the bite. "OH MY GOD!" The person yelled who was holding her shoulders "Leave her." The other person growled "What?-" they responded "She's already dead. The kids obviously used a lethal bite on her, vampires are incredibly dangerous." The person glared ah me, I growled at them. "Now to make sure this doesn't happen again..." they walked over to me again, hatching something over my mouth "Bite me. I dare you" they then cackled, placing their hand in-front my mouth. I attempted to bite them but it didn't nothing

"What if I just.. broke you fangs? You wouldn't be able to feed again? You would just die." They cackled "It...doesn't work like that." I mumbled, my voice hard to understand due to the brace in my mouth. I began shaking though, because if they did break my fangs I would starve for a period of time. "now... hold still." I said "E-Eh?" The other person walked up to me, sticking a sharp needle into my arm "A-AGHH!" I yelled out, trying to squirm away from the two people holding me still while my blood was being forcefully taken from me. I went numb again, the person to my felt held my numb body is such a way I would only allow Shino to hold me like. The needle came out of my arm, then into my neck again "AGH!" I yelled out in pain again, trying to grab the arm.

It was finally over. I felt so exhausted, I was so hungry from all the blood I had seen in the last few hours. They had taken my blood from my unwillingly and preformed some tests on me, not experimental tests like injecting me with chemical fluids, just seeing how far my powers could go before I mentally or physically collapsed. I was sick multiple times, collapsing even more times and overall the conditions where disgusting and inhumane. During this I realised how endangered vampires truly where. The where attempting to use me as a weapon...

I heard a loud crash coming from somewhere down the hall, I jumped, sitting up. Followed by the crash was a lot of yelling "W-What's going on?" I mumbled to myself

~Shino's POV~

We followed by intuition to a clearing in the forest. It had been a few days since Artemis went missing, we could just never find the correct location. "Are you sure this is the right place?" Kiyo asked me "Pretty sure.." I responded "Let's start looking then" Blake said. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for but I scouted the area "KYAAA!" I shot around "RIKKU?!" Shizu yelled, running over to a large gap in the floor "What happened?!" Yuki yelled "She fell through the floor.." Davis replied "What is this?.." Shizu gasped "What do you mean?" Blake joined Shizu, looking into the whole "I think we found what we're looking for!.." Blake then turned to us

We all jumped down the secret hatchway, RikKu was alright thankfully. We continued through the metal hallway, finding a large door. "Password?" The robot voice requested "Screw your passwords." Blake growled as she began melting through the door "Davis, Shizu. Should you both help me?" Blake asked "Of course!" Shizu and Davis chimed in. Eventually the door came right off it's hinges "We're so lucky we have the cutest walking talking magnet to help us out! Especially since this is a mental facility!" RikKu cheered, rapping her arms around Shizu "Kiyo could you find out where we need to go?" I asked "Yeah." Kiyo replied, using his territory quirk to cover the layout of the building. "Hop in." Kiyo gestured towards a newly formed portal, we all walked in.

We re-appeared inside the security room. We could see everything, expect one room. "That blocked off room is probably where we need to go.." Yuki pointed out "Thats just down the hall" Davis joined in "Let's lets-"
"WHO ARE YOU KIDS?!"
"Oh" I turned around and looked at the mysterious figure "We could ask you the same thing" Kiyo replied "We're saving a friend." Yuki growled "The vampire kid?" The unknown person blurted out "Thank you for confirming." I scowled, creating a burst of light to blind them.

Alarms began to ring "Intruder! Intruder!"
"Split up!" Kiyo yelled "What?! That's a horrible idea!!" Blake yelled "They'll find us quicker if we stay together!" Kiyo insisted.
Me, Yuki and Davis ran off to try find Artemis while the others attempted to secure a safe exit while defending us.

We rushed into the room, practically throwing the door off it's hinges. Artemis jumped, lashing at the ropes tied around him "ARTEMIS!" I yelled, rushing over and practically tackling him, pulling him into my lap and tugging at the ropes "SH-SHINO?! What are you all doing here?!?" Artemis yelled, clearly panicked and on-edge "Saving you.." Davis replied "But it's so dangerous! Is anyone else here?!" Artemis's tears fell down his cheeks "A few others.." Yuki sighed. I fought off the ropes, releasing his wrists. He wore a white sleeveless top with a collar and black shorts with knee high grey socks. His wrists where black and blue, his eyes where puffy and surrounded by a black mist, he had scars all down his thighs and his arms where covered in cuts and what looked to be needle wounds. Artemis was incredibly weak and emotional, he trembled constantly and his voice was shaky. He even would refuse my help at certain moments and jump at the slightest sound.

I rapped my arms around him, his shaky body nuzzled into my chest. "Are you ok?!.. What did they do to you?!" I comforted him, feeling myself tear up "I-I don't know, everything's a blur!..." Artemis sobbed "I-It hurts!"
I rolled down my sleeve, Artemis nuzzling his head into the crook of my wrist. I felt a weak bite. Davis looked away awkwardly, followed by Yuki "I'll be outside.." Davis walked out the room, Yuki stud there twiddling her thumbs for a second then joined Davis out the room. I snickered, turning my attention back to Artemis. He lifted his head, blood trailed from his lips, his face began to have more colour.

"Come on, let's get you out of here" I reassured him, picking up his frail body. I held him in my arms, his body was curled up and light, his eyes blinked slowly and his grip was weak. We all ran back to our original meeting stop "Come on let's go!" Blake yelled, Kiyo held open a portal as we all ran through. We appeared on the other side, it wasn't a stable landing as our exit was incredibly rushed. We all landed roughly on the floor, Artemis landing out my grip. I sat up quickly, crawling towards Artemis and rapping my jacket around him, pulling him into my arms again. "Is he ok?.." RikKu asked me "Yeah.." i relied "Why would they do that?" Shizu questioned "I thought it was obvious" Kiyo replied
"What do you mean by that?" Yuki inquired
"It's because he's a vampire.." Blake chimed in
"Let's get him to a hospital. The pro hero's will deal with this." I commanded.

Although I wanted to go in there and make sure everyone of those sick monsters where dead, I had to do what was best for Artemis. It all happened so quickly I was barely able to process what happened, all I knew what I now had what was mine and it needed protection. But once everything is cleared... I swear I will kill every one of them. Nobody hurts my Artemis..

Thanks for reading! These stories can be hard to make so recommendations are greatly appreciated! Let me know if you have any ideas of where to take this AU because I don't really have anymore ideas but I do love this AU. If you have any other AU or story ideas also let me know! Also OoO is out!! Yay!
Word count: 1552