9

A week without Felix was beyond difficult. It was like a kick to the gut. It also made him realize how much he was starting to rely on Felix. He still didn't know whether it was good or bad, but it was there and he was acknowledging it. The only time he wasn't thinking about Felix was when he was at The Life Foundation. He had to keep himself alert there.

Jisung was almost always by his side and if something happened he needed to protect him. "Why did we accept this internship again?" Venom asked.

"You're the one that wanted to be a hero," Changbin muttered.

"What?" Jisung quizzed. Changbin shook his head and said a quick nevermind.

"I did not mean in this sense."

Changbin wasn't in a hurry to find out just exactly what they were doing with the other symbiotes. His plan was to stay under the radar and observe. Then he'd chomp down on that Byun guy and he'd be safe from torment. Easy enough. When he got home he stared at his calender. Three days left until he could see Felix. He'd already completed all his essays and other work. He couldn't ask for more hours at the internship because they didn't allow it after a certain time.

"I miss him."

Venom came out with a growl. "You need friends."

Changbin groaned and rolled so he could shove his face into his pillow. "I'm gonna shoot myself!"

"You have no gun."

"It's a statement that describes my impaitence!" Changbin argued.

"That makes no sense," Venom said.

"Your dumb alien brain can't comprehend the stupidity of my generation."

"How does that make me dumb? And I do not have a brain. Hello, Felix."

Changbin rolled over and whipped up from his mattress. Felix was leaning in the doorway with an amused smile. "You know, I never thought I'd see my boyfriend arguing with an alien. Much less one as ugly as Venom."

"Watch it, I will eat you," Venom hissed.

"No, no he won't. No you won't," Changbin said, grabbing the alien by its neck.

"I will," the alien argued. Changbin elbowed the symbiote in the eye. "I will eat him."

"If you do that I'll burn us alive," Changbin said. Venom growled and dissapeared. The student let out a relieved breath and moved his eyes back to Felix. "I thought you weren't coming over for another three days?"

Felix pushed himself off of the wall and shrugged. "Four was all I needed, I guess," he said, making his way over. Changbin watched as he hopped onto the bed, moved onto his lap, and dropped his arms over his shoulders. "And you're not the only one that missed us." Changbin froze up a bit at the contact. Felix sighed. "You aren't going to hold me?"

"I'm still trying to understand why you didn't run," Changbin said honestly, arms snaking around Felix's waist. 

"It's not like you asked to become some Alien harborer," Felix mumbled, pursing his lips. "Plus, Venom helped protect me. I'm a bit scared because I don't know it. If I try to understand and create a bond with it, I think I'll be less afraid. You must be scared, too. You're the one with an alien inside you. I'm going to support you through it and we'll get it out of you someday. Until then, I'll put up with it."

Changbin smiled and buried his face into Felix's neck. He pulled him close and allowed himself to relax into him with a long sigh. Felix massaged his neck for a few minutes until the elder pulled away. "I missed you. My emotions are heightened because of Venom so I'm kind of obsessive. It was pretty much cruelty leaving me alone without a word."