Aurora hadn't had much time to spend with her friends - every waking minute of hers were filled with more complicated etiquette lessons and lessons on the geography and customs of various kingdoms.

She had classes on self defense (taught by Queen Elena), political science, diplomacy, public speaking, and even extra dancing lessons for her to learn more exclusive dances.

Thankfully she was quick to learn, or else... well, there wasn't an 'or else'.

"My sister is so excited to meet you," Adelaide said, breaking Aurora from her thoughts.

"So does she know that Aurora is Ella, or-?".

"Well, she's a huge fan of Aurora. And she also loves the story of Princess Ella who was recently reunited with her family," Adelaide said, before adding, "She's always wanted to meet a princess".

"So she doesn't know," Aurora said, and Adelaide nodded.

"My mother couldn't believe that I'm your Lady-in-Waiting," Adelaide said, laughing. "Even though she knows the glamour I'm used to, she just can't believe I'm friends with royalty".

"Adelaide. You're up," Andrea said, smoothening Adelaide's hair slightly, before shooing her out.

"Lady Adelaide Summers of Kent. Lady-in-Waiting of Princess Ella!" the herald announced.

Adelaide walked out, her head held high, nearly gliding on the marble floors.

Aurora couldn't help but admire her, just like the people who had gathered down in the balcony who let out appreciative gasps.

"You ready?" Andrea asked her.

Aurora stared at her.

"Right. Bad question," Andrea said. "But I just wanted you to know - I am honored to have been a part of your journey from the beginning, and am even more privileged to serve under you, Your Highness".

Aurora didn't correct her Advisor - she was a Princess, and even though her title was a new one, it was one that she strived to be worthy of.

"Presenting to you, the Crown Princess of Illea, Her Royal Highness, Ella Calliope Montgomery Schreave!" the herald announced, and the double doors were opened in unison.

The guards standing thumped their feet on the ground, and placed their right fist on their heart and bowed.

Aurora could hear people gasp, could even see that they recognized her as the girl from the Selection. The parents of the Selected, and Dukes and Duchesses bowed and curtsied to her.

It was new, strange even, as she saw them do so as she made her way down the stairs.

She had raised her chin, and had tried to mimic Adelaide's graceful gliding.

She could see her parents, her mother in the white gown, and her father in his military suit, a white carnation in her honor sticking out of a pocket. They looked proud, and Aurora swore she saw Queen Elora's eyes brighten with tears.

Her eyes shifted to Eric and Lucian, both of whom winked at her, and her younger sisters, who were nearly jumping in joy as she walked down.

Kate was standing beside Adelaide, and was staring at her.

Aurora tried not to frown as she tried to gauge Kate's expression.

The walk down the stairs seemed infinitely long.

She could notice the judgmental stares of the Kings and Queens of other Lands, trying to evaluate her and find out if she would make a worthy ruler.

At last, when she reached the bottom of the stairs, those who had bowed rose back to their feet.