My Heart 3

'Kadan,' Cullen said, turning his head – even though it was difficult with how close Bull was – and smiling. 'You said I could say it, didn't you?'

'Yeah, this is getting too sentimental,' Bull said, his voice getting rougher. 'That's enough of that.'

Cullen didn't feel the need to say anything else, having tasted the word and its true meaning, and still drifting on a combination of that intense pain and the giddiness that followed. He didn't protest when Bull unscrewed the lid on the armour wax, and he didn't tense when a couple of minutes later – after it must have been warmed to liquid in Bull's fingers – it was stroked between his ass cheeks in long, relaxing movements.

A sigh, and Cullen became loose-limbed, because he had no reason to fear this part. Not when it had all gone so well the first time. He wasn't quite sure he could manage it, the feeling of being filled to that impossible fullness. But he wanted it all the same. And if he couldn't handle it, he had the watchword. He was quite certain even without it, Bull would still pause if Cullen needed that.

That was its own kind of freedom too, and Cullen felt like his joints were honeyed. The fire had been stoked far warmer than Cullen would normally make it, but its crackling pops were welcome.

Cullen didn't expect Bull to open him up more thoroughly than before. Didn't expect that careful slide of slick fingers, or how sensitive he was to it. And it felt odd, but he liked it, felt sleepy from it.

'Are you taking forever on purpose?' Cullen slurred, as Bull began gently stretching him with two fingers.

'Yep,' Bull said, sounding very serious. 'You want to play rough and ready later on, there's ways to prepare yourself for that and we can play that game. But I saw the state you were in, Cullen, and I'm only interested in fucking you, not fucking you up.'

'Oh,' Cullen said, and then moaned quietly, as the stretch stole through him. Maker, he liked that feeling more than he thought he would.

Briefly, he thought of what it must have been like for Bull. Cole had said that Bull thought Cullen was dying. Cullen thought of how he and Bull had spoken before about Bull being protective, but how Cullen wanted this too, a certain kind of watchfulness in their sessions.

'I like it,' Cullen added.

'Yeah?' Bull said. 'Feels good? Me opening you up for me?'

There was pressure inside of him, searching, pushing down, and Cullen felt his lower back dip as his shoulders arched. Liquid pleasure in the base of his spine, in his bruised balls, throbbing at the base of his cock. When Bull did it again, Cullen's mouth opened on a wet, wanting sound.

'See, sometimes it's not so bad to take things slow anyway,' Bull purred. 'And I can with you, because the thing you think of as a problem – you not coming easily? Koslun's balls, the things I can do with that.'

Cullen made a sound in response that he hoped was agreement, because he was losing himself to the sharpness of the pleasure. It mingled with the faint burn of the stretch – not enough that Cullen would call it pain, but just close enough that Cullen thought it could be. Just the very thought of it stinging a little more made his chest feel tight.

Cullen thought how novel it was that he'd meet someone who got hard from inflicting pain, just as Cullen got hard receiving it. And how it was even more novel for that someone to be so caring with it. And then, perhaps impossible, that Cullen would fall in love with him, and Bull would return the sentiment.

A strange, griping pain then, a sense that things were too good, that this wasn't real, that he'd faltered and stumbled somewhere and not realised. He winced into the blankets and then shifted, trying to push it from his mind.