Chapter 23 : Mint Cabbage Soup = Nightmare

Start from the beginning

Jungkook held the top of his cane with booth his hands, and the cane was maintained by the ground. This was the exact position he was in when Lisa saw him in the villa for the first time. Relaxed, calm and as cold as the cold in the high mountains.

Lisa suddenly understood that this man was not arrogant.

His world was too mysterious and too delicate, not a world that ordinary people can get a glimpse of, and not a world that ordinary people can understand.

He was the only king of that world, and everything was in the palm of his hand.

"What other flavours are there?"

"And mint?"

"The fragrance of mint is very obvious. When do you think the mint was added?"

"With such a refreshing flavour, it should've been added at the very start of making the soup base?"

"No. it's when the soup is about to be scooped from the pot. If the mint was simmered with the cabbage for too long, the soup would have a medicinal taste, and spoil the fresh sweetness that the cabbage carries. "

Lisa was stunned, she had never thought that there was so much thought gone to even the timing of adding the mint.

"What about the others?"

When Jungkook asked that, it really put stumped Lin Ke Song. Apart from almonds, cabbage, mint and salt, what other ingredients would there be?

Lisa drank another mouth.

Almond, cabbage, mint...... and another unique fragrance......

"Parsley! It's parsley right?"

"That's not difficult."

Not difficult? This is considered not difficult? That slight taste of parsley is considered not difficult?

"It's the parsley's most tender branches, and after removal of the leaves, the soup is filtered through for 30 seconds. The goal is to increase the levels of aroma, and not let the flavour of the parsley overpower the cabbage."

Lisa pursed her lips, first it was the almonds then the cabbage, and then the parsley, how is this cooking ah, she's about to catch up with perfume makers.

"What's the last ingredient?"

Lisa almost spat a mouth of soup in the other party's face.

There was actually another? This is only a soup! Why must it be so complicated!

Jungkook sat still opposite her, full of patience.

Lisa swallowed the fifth mouth, and felt that the aftertaste had a light and gentle sourness. This sourness seemed like it was subtly pushing the majority of the taste buds, and yet disappeared quickly.

What was it? What on earth was it?

The soup that was originally little, was drunk by Lisa till the bottom of the bowl could be seen.

She looked up into  Jungkook's eyes, and decided to answer honestly: "I feel like I've tasted some fruit...... but I just can't figure out the taste......"

Jungkook did not scold Lisa, he only calmly said: "don't limit yourself to only the Chinese cuisine you're familiar with, open your mind."

Lisa pursed her lips, continuously trying to recall.

At this time, the waiter walked up, serving a portion of appetizers, but it wasn't the frozen prawns that was seen today.

The dish that was in front of Lisa, was the exact same soup.