Preparation

A couple of days later

Ben laid in the bed, staying in later than usual because yesterday Miranda had him and lots of his family pitching in on getting the nursery together.

She and Ben's sisters, food prep for two months after the babies came. So he decided to sleep in today.

Miranda sat in the living room, with her feet up. She went to the doctor, and she was just a fingertip dilated. She contemplated on what she could do. She was so ready to meet her babies. She called Ben's auntie Pat for advice.

Hello, she sang into the phone.

Hey Auntie Pat, I just came from my appointment, and I'm only a fingertip.

Well, sweetie, you know that can change at any moment.

I'm willing to do anything, she said desperately.

Where is your soon to be husband? You know, I will be so happy when yall get married so I can stop saying all that.

Me too, maybe we'll get married today she joked.

Why not? Pat asked her

Um, it was a joke, and Ben wants something lavish.

Child, please, take him the phone really quick.

Miranda got up, went into their room, and tapped Ben's shoulder.

Yes, baby, he said sleepily.

Auntie Pat wants you.

Hey auntie, what's going on?

Why can't you and Miranda get married today?

What? Married? What made you say all this he eyed Miranda.

She is carrying your babies. You don't need extravagant now. Do it when she isn't a human incubator.

I have to see if Miranda agrees, auntie.

Miranda, do you agree she yelled into the phone.

I do. She looked at him with bedroom eyes.

He looked at the time. It's 2 pm,  we have 2 hours to get dressed and get there. He grabbed her face. Baby, are you sure you want this?

I'm positive. She kissed him gently.

Brooke! Tuck! Go put on something blue and purple. Ben yelled

He went to the closet and pulled out a white a-line chiffon, sweetheart neck dress she was supposed to wear for their gender reveal but couldn't fit. He figured with her belly doubling in size, she would fit perfectly now.

Miranda took a shower. When she dried off, she called Brooke in to help style her box braids.

Brooke!?

Yes, ma'am! She walked in the room, with a lilac ruched one shoulder body con dress. She looked like she was in the process of finding shoes while simultaneously putting her silver hoop earrings in.

Can you style my braids, please? Miranda sat back in her beauty chair.

Brooke carefully added a swoop to her braids and then placed them in a low bun. She gave her a purple and gold eye shadow effect, then finished her makeup.

Miranda put on her support bands for her belly, after putting on a strapless bra, and a pair of nude v string underwear, Miranda slipped into her dress huffing because any bigger she wouldn't have fit.

She went to grab her lilac, Teddy Blake suede 4 inch heels. She added, a gold dangling earrings, then sprayed on some light perfume.

Mama, you look beautiful, Tuck watched her admire herself from the door.