Chapter 7 - Company

We gather outside the building, a sense of camaraderie and relief washing over us. Hagakure comes running towards me, or at least I think it's her in her invisible state. "Haiyoru-saaaan!" she exclaims, breathless. "I'm so sorry! I couldn't do anything, and you had to fight both of them alone! If we've lost, it's because of me! I truly apologize."

Ojiro approaches timidly and joins in, "I feel frustrated for not being able to help as well." I chuckle, understanding their sentiments, and smile at them with compassion.

"Don't worry, Hagakure, Ojiro," I reassure them. "Anyone would've fallen into their trap. It's not your fault. And without the proper equipment, it's completely normal that you weren't able to free yourselves barehanded. I truly understand."

All Might approaches us, the rest of the class gathering around him, and praises both teams. "Mighty fine work, I must say. I'm proud of you all," he commends. "Young Todoroki's strategy was impressive, but Haiyoru managed to free herself and take on both opponents, coming close to defeating them. So, what did the heroes do wrong?"

Yaoyorozu, if I remember correctly, speaks up, "Todoroki initially acted alone, despite it being a team assignment."

"Exactly, young Yaoyorozu," All Might acknowledges. "Todoroki, you sought to neutralize the enemies without harming your teammate, which is commendable. However, you could've used a different joint technique, but instead you acted alone, disregarding your teammates' quirks. On the other hand, Haiyoru fought like a true villain, taking on both opponents single-handedly, considering Hagakure and Ojiro were immobilized at the beginning." All Might smiles at me, resembling a proud father, which brings a laughter to my lips. "You did exceptionally well, congratulations," he pats my back, and a wave of immense happiness washes over me, causing me to smile from ear to ear.

As the other teams take their turns, Katsuki left, but the rest of us stayed to discuss each group's strategies. In the process, I finally managed to learn the names of all my classmates.

After the training session ended, All Might left. At that moment, I decide to visit the infirmary since the pain in my wrist from the fight with Shoji hasn't subsided.

I'm informed that Recovery Girl is busy attending another student. They tell me that my wrist is only a mild sprain and give me a bandage, instructing me to return after classes.

I learn that the student Recovery Girl is treating is Izuku, so I decide to visit the patients' area to see how he's doing. As I approach the infirmary's door, All Might emerges, back in his slim form.

"Young Haiyor...!" he begins, but I hush him.

"Shhh!" I interrupt, whispering. "You don't know me in your original form at UA, remember?" 

"Ah, yes, my apologies," I chuckle softly, founding funny how absent-minded he can be sometimes, even after being Japan's mightiest hero. "Were you coming to visit young Midoriya?"

"Yes, I want to know how he's doing."

"He's sleeping right now, but he's doing well. I'll let him know you stopped by. Now, you better get back to class before you're late!" He smiles and leaves after affectionately tapping my head, resembling the way one would treat a cat.

Well, in a way, I am like a cat.

I arrive to the classroom a few minutes before classes begin, so I sit down and see Shoji approaching my desk. I had learned his name in the camera room while watching the rest fight.

"Ah, hello! I'm Haiyoru Bakugo. I'm sorry we haven't formally introduced ourselves and already had to fight," I say, smiling kindly.

"Hello. I'm... Mezo Shoji," he says timidly, even though I already knew his name. "I just wanted to apologize for... for the wrist incident." He points to my hand.