Chapter 21 : Polar Lights

Start from the beginning

Jungkook never spoke, only looked at the direction of the sounds, and nodded slightly.

There were still many hours till opening, but everyone was nervously busy.

Mayer turned back towards Lisa and said: "for a good restaurant, the start of all the sumptuous dishes is from the preparation. The preparation of the ingredients, the preparation of the cooking utensils, and even the mental state that the person has to put himself in, every aspect is very important."

Lisa nodded.

When Jungkook walked past them, every lowered their heads back to what they were focusing on. Some were kneading, some were adjusting the sauce, and some were wiping countertops.

Like what they were doing were doing was more that the preparation of simple food.

When another door opened, Lisa was stunned.

This was a kitchen that was exactly the same as the one in Jungkook's villa!

A middle age man wearing a chef's white uniform was at the counter quietly awaiting Jungkook.

"I've been looking forward to this, chef!"

He reached out his hand and Jungkook shook his hands without hesitation.

"I'll trouble you today, chef Brody."

"It's my honour to be able to work with you." Brody's gaze went past Jungkook's shoulder and fell on Lisa, "This is...... the new person who will be joining our team?"

Lisa was about to shake her hands to signal that he had misunderstood, when Jungkook said: "She isn't qualified yet."

Okay...... another stab.

Mayer quietly explained to Lisa: "This is Polar Lights' executive chef, chef Brody. Among his works, fried brandy striped bass was recommended in the Michelin red guide 2 years ago as a two stars signature dish, and his fried truffle foie gras and quail eggs was also named Polar Lights' signature dish when Polar Lights was rated three stars last year. He is the chef that Jungkook trusts and admires the most."

This kind of outstanding person is also working for Jungkook, just how good must Jungkook's standard be for this Brody to be of service?

Jungkook took of his coat, and put on a white chef uniform like Brody. He adjusted his hair and put on a white chef hat.

His dignified forehead and eyebrow that made people look were clearer, his dark eyes seemed to brighten with the light of the stars, like it was going to light up the whole room.

Lisa and Mayer could only look on from the sides, unable to say anything, unable to so anything that may disturb the process of their work.

"Have all the ingredients for Mr Thomas's been menu prepared?" Jungkook got to the faucet, and carefully washed his hands.

"All prepared. You can do the final selection of the ingredients."

Brody took out a tray, which carried a few quails, and placed it on the countertop.

Jungkook reached out, brushed past each quail, making sure of their sizes, using his finger to feel the quality of the meat and fat, and finally picked two.

Followed by the foie gras, asparagus, all sorts of garnishes and the other ingredients.

Jungkook chose each ingredient carefully, his criterion extremely strict, while handling the ingredients, any slight flaw would be keenly detected.

The entire process was very orderly, the understanding between Jungkook and Brody needed little words for communication.

When the quail was sent into a broth that had been simmering over a small fire prepared long before, Jungkook also began the preparation before cooking.