Chapter 12

"Here we are! Welcome to Magical Girl CO!" Lilian cheered as she burst through the golden doors, revealing a large room that could almost resemble some type of amusement park, but with zero rides and more booths (yes Izuku knows what an amusement park is, he saw an ad for it on the way here!) What astonished him the most was the amount of magical girls here. Up from the balcony-like entrance it looked like a pastel sea down there.

"WOOAHH!! Its like- its like, ah- Theres so many magical girls here!!" Mikumo squealed (he does that a lot) Izuku gave a confused hum,  "why are there so many magical girls here? I thought Unmei said that there was barely any left here" he murmured to himself, but loud enough for the others to hear.

"Ah! Actually these magical girls are the last remaining from all over the world! Only 10, including me and you, are from here specifically" Lillian pointed out as she began to descend the staircase.

"But why are they all here?" Izuku questioned, getting an odd foreboding feeling about it all. "Maybe it's a special party?" Mikumo happily suggested, feeling giddy at the thought, already imagining all the food he'd be able to eat.

Lilian let out a nervous chuckle, waving her hand dismissively. "We're all just planning a few things involving the witch attacks is all, nothing for you to be worried about" she assured, ushering them away from the center of the floor and towards the side where a few magical girls lingered, tampering with a few strange devices; more of the soul gems placed upon podiums in shelves.

"Aurora! Over here!" Lilian called out as she waved towards a slightly tall girl with blonde hair in pigtails and grayish green eyes. Besides her green magical girl attire, the thing that caught Izukus attention the most was the cat ears and huge gray paws on both her feet and hands. They looked slightly unnatural, like they were decorations embedded into her skin. 'She looks like those cat girls in the magazines back up in the shop' Izuku thought to himself.

(I know people really dont like when gacha is used to show characters but I couldn't find the right picture to show what she looked like 😭)

Aurora looked over at them, brightening at the sight of Izuku and Mikumo before bounding over with an extra pep in her step. "Hello! You must be newbies! My names Aurora! Oh my gosh- your so cute!" She squealed, taking Mikumo into her arms and twirling around, nuzzling her cheek into his; drawing out small giggles from the toddler.

"Are you a form of magic? I've never seen something like you before! Oh this is exciting!! How old are you? What's your name? Do you like cats? Yknow me and my sister, her name is Charlotte, are part cats! I'm the only one of us that's a magical girl but shes aware of all of this, I think shes around your age Izu-" Unmei, who has finally had enough of the girls ramblings was quick to cut her off with an annoyed chirp.

"Shut up you filthy half breed, we have business to attend too and not enough time and patience for your silly bouts of nonsense" they snapped, fur bristling in their angered state.