Chapter 7

"HEY! What's going on here?"

Looking up Izuku spotted a man who looked to be in his late twenties with messy light pinkish red hair in a dark brown business suit and matching fedora hat. The fact that he was an adult had already put Izuku on edge, shakily, he stood up, wrapping his arms under Mikumos legs to keep him upright and taking a step back (not at all caring how Unmei had snuck into a bag he didnt know he had around his shoulders)

"I-"

Before he could continue the man let out a tired sigh "listen kid, its late, im tired, and I dont want to be here just as much as I'm sure you do. So lets make this simple and just come with me to the police station so we can get this all sorted out" the man said with a tired yet agitated voice, his face barely revealing the well, but not too well hidden annoyance he was feeling.

Izuku flinched back as the mans gaze washed over him, hunching in on himself to hide away, knowing all too well that when adults were mad they get violent. Extremely violent.

Seemingly not understanding Izuku's inner turmoil the man pulled out a small card from his jacket pocket and held it out. "The names Shunsuke Makoto, I'm a detective for the Nightingale agency" he explained in a bored tone.

Mikumo looked between the man and Izuku with growing unease. They had to get out of here, they couldnt afford to go to the police station! not only was Izuku in no condition for an interrogation but going to the police, especially an agency could lead to the officials finding out his identity and calling his mother.

Clearing his throat Mikumo spoke up, "hey you, mister! What do u think your doing trying to arrest two innocent children!" He said annoyed as he stomped his foot in the air, crossing his arms over his chest as he glared over at the man, Shunsuke? Who seemed taken aback, as if he just now realized Mikumo was there.

Izuku felt his breathe pick up as Shunsuke's gaze hardened at the two, his hands reaching up to grip the straps of the bunny themed bag strapped around his shoulders.

'If your looking to get away, running would be the best option Izu-kun' Izuku flinched as Unmei's voice entered his mind before mindlessly taking her suggestion into consideration. Bracing himself Izuku took a deep breathe.

"Listen kid, and flying thing, we've gotten several calls around the area about a disturbance and came to check it out-" before the man could continue Izuku rushed past him in a blur, startling him and Mikumo in the process.

"W-Wah! H-hey! dont leave Mikumo!!!" Mikumo squealed as he flew after Izuku.

"FUCKING- SHIT! HEY KID GET BACK HERE!!" Shunsuke yelled as he watched the two run off into the distance until he could no longer see them.

'This is why I dont like children' he complained as he kicked at a rock on the ground before a gleam in the alleyway caught his attention.

"Oh? What do we have here..."

. . . . . . . .

"Were you aware that being a magical girl increases physical skill?" Unmei questioned from inside Izuku's bag as he and Mikumo wandered the darkened streets back towards the apartment complex, making sure to keep off the track they had been on before as to not  run into the detective.

"Ugh Mikumo and Izuku get it already!" Mikumo groaned as he glared at the black furred creature with clear distain. "And you better start explaining what that was back there!!" He said as he pointed a stubby finger threateningly, or as threateningly as he could considering he looked more like an angry kitten.

Izuku nodded in agreement as he too glared at the creature, having to hold himself back from committing animal cruelty. "Your hiding more then you seem about this magical girl business and if your going to force me to partake in these stupid fantasies of yours then you better start explaining" he said darkly.