Chapter 8

***

***

Driving up to the cdc, was a slow but steady drive. Daryl didn't ask anymore questions about my dream/ nightmare and I didn't ask him why he cared so much. The silence was nice. It was calming.

The RV arrives outside the cdc just before we pull up, I could see that surrounding the building were a lot of corpses, as well as swarms of flies. The flash of Iraq pops up into my head and the picture of those men on the lawn being my squad fills my mind.

Feels a hand grab mine brought me back from my daymare, "ya ready?" Daryl asked, I nodded quickly.

The group quietly approaches the building, all huddled together, the woman and child in the middle with the ones that could use a weapon on the edge. "All right, everybody. Keep moving. Go on. Stay quiet. Let's go. Okay, keep moving." Shane repeated over and over again. "Stay together." I whispered to the people at the back,

"Keep moving. Come on."

"Shh."

"Oh, God."

As we reach the building we find the door locked, the shutters not budging, "Keep it together. Come on." Shane reminds everyone.

"We're almost there, baby. Almost there." Lori tried to calm Carl down. "Nothing?" Shane looks at Rick, as he pounds on door.

"Walkers!" Daryl yelled, i quickly pulled out my two knives, moving past the men ignoring the worried call from rick, Lori and Daryl.

I run up to the first two walkers and stab them in the head, and by the time they drop to the floor their buddies behind them had a knife in they eyes, pulling them out as I kick one walker to the floor before stomping on it face, picking up a piece of wood from the floor and throwing towards three walker, watching as they fall to the floor. Flipping my hair out my face, I run up to the last few and stab each of them, one dropping after the other.

Walking back to the group, trying not to look at the kids or my family. Trying to get the attention of me, I started banging on the doors again.

"You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl yelled, "He made a call." Shane shouted back, "It was the wrong damn call!"

"Just shut up. You hear? Shut up. Shut up!" Shane told the redneck, "Rick, this is a dead end."I shouted, seeing more walker walk up,

"Walkers!" Daryl yelled again, I see Glenn looking toward me, "oh no I'm not doing it again, I'm tired" I told him, he just rolled his eyes.

"We can't be here, this close to the city after dark."I told the group, "Fort Benning, Rick... Still an option." I rolled my eyes at shane. It's like he wanted this to go wrong.

"On what? No food, no fuel. That's 100 miles." Andrea had a point, "125. I checked the map." Glenn corrected her.

"Ok smartass"

Doomsday On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara