chapter one

season one, episode one
a hard's day night

A RINGTONE surrounded the dark room. Thea shot up from her position in the bed and looked around confused. It seemed that she was in a small trailer on some land.

She heard a groan next to her and saw a dark-haired man that she remembered from the previous night.

Thea slapped his back, and he made a small noise of pain waking up as well.

Theadora got up from the bed and walked to pick up the clothes scattered on the floor. "So?" The man asked rubbing his face in clear exhaustion.

"So, it's time for me to leave." Thea replied with a sarcastic smile.

The man got up from the bed and grabbed his pants pulling them on. He walked out of the bedroom into the bathroom.

Thea watched him go before checking her phone which showed a missed phone call from Richard Webber.

The two were very close since he helped her start her medical career. He was like a father to her and was always there for her when she needed it.

Thea checked the time and whispered a small curse word as she was already late.

She turned around and bumped into the one-night stand who stood there with a raised eyebrow.

"Trying to do a runner?" He asked holding a coffee mug. "I'm going to have to because I have to run to work." Thea replied getting her bag.

"Well at least tell me your name." Theadora turned around and sighed walking up to him with a hand out. "Theadora." She said shaking his hand.

"Derek." He replied gripping her hand.

They stared at each other for what felt like years before a ringtone ruined the moment. Thea let go of his hand and fumbled for the phone.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Where are you, Theadora?" Richard asked worried that she was going to be late.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving Rich" Thea responded back hanging up.

"Rich?" Derek asked confused. Thea just shook her head and grabbed the coffee he had in his hand and ran out the door with a loud bang.

Derek has never been more confused.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The blonde girl finally arrived at Seattle Grace Hospital and quickly ran out leaving the stolen mug behind. She reached the doors and briskly walked to the attending lounge to change.

She walked into the attendings lounge and found a brown-haired girl sitting at a table making a sandwich.

Thea gave her a small smile and went to put her stuff in her locker. She couldn't wait to start as it was a fresh start in a new hospital.

"Are you new?" A voice spoke from behind her, breaking her out of her daze. Theadora swung around to see the brown-haired girl smiling at her. "Yeah, you?"

The girl nodded grabbing her pager and attached it to her hip. "My name's Rosie." She addressed.

Theadora copied her and smiled at her while she put her hair into a ponytail. "Theadora."

Rosie and Theadora started walking down the hallway together until both pagers started to beep and they ran into a room full of interns and one resident.

"Ah, Dr. Fox and Dr. Graham." Bailey belted through the noise of the machines.

Rosie and Theadora looked at each other and knew what they were going to do.