Chapter 9

After signing the forms, Kate finally met up with Mary at their favorite restaurant in the city, Magianos.

"Welcome back to Gotham." Mary said with a smile as she hugged her sister, a hug that Kate shared, since she was very happy that she had a much better relationship with Mary in this reality, since that had been one of her biggest regrets. Another reason she was bringing Mary into this world.

"Thanks, sorry I left kind of on short notice, but it couldn't be helped." Kate said and Mary smiled.

"I get it. So, did you?" Mary asked and Kate chuckled.

"Yes, I did sleep with someone there. Real hot girl too. Reporter." Kate said and Mary chuckled.

"Only you." Mary said.

"Hey, at least I'm not the kind of girl who goes for nerds." Kate said with a look on her face and Mary groaned.

"Luke told you?" Mary asked.

"Did you really think I didn't know? I've been keeping Dad off your trail." Kate said.

"Thanks." Mary said.

"At least your love life is going well, though I did threaten Luke when I confronted him in National City, since I had to make it clear to him what would happen if he broke your heart." Kate said.

"You didn't scare him off did you?" Mary asked and she had good reason to, since Kate had a reputation for scaring off her boyfriends back in high school.

"Since I actually like Luke, he has all his limbs, though I did warn him that if he hurts you, he will not stay in that condition." Kate said and Mary smiled.

"I can live with that. But anyways, what else is new with you?" Mary asked.

"Well, I am officially taking over Wayne Enterprises." Kate said.

"Wait, seriously?" Mary asked.

"Yeah, I guess Bruce is finally ready to retire and he's handing me the throne." Kate said.

"Should I be offering you congratulations or condolences?" Mary asked and Kate chuckled.

"Congratulations now, probably condolences within a month." Kate said.

"So, are you going to be making any big changes as the new CEO of Wayne?" Mary asked.

"I'm not employing the Crows. My policy on Dad's work is the same as Bruce's. They cause more problems than they solve and they only protect the one percent, not the people who actually need it." Kate said.

"And speaking of the Crows." Mary said, only to have Kate cut her off.

"Do not bring up Sophie. Until she apologizes to me for what she did, I want nothing to do with her. Maybe I should talk to Helena about a restraining order." Kate said.

"Kate, seriously, you may not have talked to Sophie since she broke your heart, but I have." Mary said.

"You're really hanging out with my ex?" Kate asked.

"More like dad assigned her to be my bodyguard, though now that I think about it, was probably something Sophie requested so that she could try and get back into your good books." Mary said.

"Look, Sophie has had five years to apologize to me. Until she does that, I don't want anything to do with her and don't look at me like that. How would you feel if Luke did to you what Sophie did to me?" Kate asked.

"I'd be pissed and would probably have dad let one of his more racist crows, since we both know there are them and have them arrest him on some kind of bogus charge." Mary admitted.

"I mean, I get that Sophie wasn't ready to come out, she lied right to my face and didn't even have the guts to tell me. She let me go into that room at Point Rock, fully thinking she'd have my back, but in reality, she basically acted like I didn't mean anything to her." Kate said.

"Kate, you have to know that's not true. She's regretted what she did since the moment she did it, but you also know her mother. Sophie still hasn't worked up the guts to come out to her yet. Hell, her mom is still giving her grief about calling off her engagement to that Tyler guy." Mary said, since she and Sophie still hung out.

"I am glad that Sophie did not go through with that, just because it wasn't fair to the guy to be in what would've obviously been a loveless marriage that was meant to let Sophie hide her sexuality from her mom. I see nothing but misery for everyone involved there." Kate said.

"Can you try not to smile while you say that?" Mary asked, though she knew it was futile.

"We both know the answer to that. I'm not gonna force Sophie to come out before she's ready, you know I'd never do that, but I can't let go of this grudge until she finally admits to me that what she did was wrong and apologizes. Once she does that, we'll see what happens. And please tell her not to show up at the press conference Bruce will be holding to announce his retirement, because that's one piece of drama I don't want or need." Kate said and Mary nodded as they continued having lunch.