xx. dorm visits and study sessions

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter twenty, DORM VISITS AND STUDY SESSIONS

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

    "THAT'S BOLLOCKS."

     "And why is that bollocks?"

     "Because Evan Rosier wouldn't be caught dead in the library."

     James had thought it was best if Bronwyn was immediately alerted about his conversation with Lily over breakfast. It had, after all, been quite the breakthrough and James hadn't stopped thinking about it.

     And so, he waited for Lily to be done with her meal ─ and for Bronwyn to be done with her Quidditch practice session ─ because it would be awkward if the ginger girl knew that James was actually prolonging his breakfast because day six on the itinerary said he and Bronwyn had to spend the first meal of the day together. She already clearly didn't approve of James' relationship, so why add fuel to the fire?

     Slightly sweaty, and still annoyed that she had spent the whole night with James in the Gryffindor common room, Brownyn had made her way to the Great Hall and sat down at the Lions' table to sit with a very bored James who had since been abandoned by his friends.

     Only, Bronwyn didn't believe Lily's story because there was no way that she had overheard Evan Rosier say anything within five feet of the Hogwarts library.

     "Okay well, maybe he had a change of heart?" James suggested although it was clear he didn't believe what he was saying. "An academic comeback possibly?"

     Bronwyn furrowed her brows in a way that said you can't be serious. "Evan Rosier doesn't do academic comebacks," she replied, knowing full well that she knew the Slytherin boy in question better than the kid in front of her. "He hexes younger students and hasn't completed a piece of homework in six years."

     James' eyes zoned out as he stared at the table, thinking it all through. When he finally came through, his eyes snapping to hers, he said, "Okay, so, maybe it is bollocks but it's still a good sign, right? She's interested."

     Bronwyn elected to not mention that she may actually have told Evan that it was an act of keeping enemies close in response to him questioning her new relationship with James because it felt irrelevant. James would probably been very offended and sulk off.

     "I suppose, yeah, that's good," Bronwyn said as she filled her goblet with orange juice from a jug, taking it in her hands once she was satisfied. "But she lied. If we were actually in a relationship, that's a dick move."