vi. sponges and sentences

the girlfriend experience, james potter
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

the girlfriend experience, james potter𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

chapter six, SPONGES AND SENTENCES

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     "AND YOU AGREED TO IT??"

     "What else was I supposed to do??"

     Andromeda Black couldn't quite believe Bronwyn Ward's actions when Bronwyn told her how she had given in to James Potter's demands apparently quite easily. The girl couldn't fathom not only how James had exerted that much power onto Bronwyn, but also how Bronwyn had gone forward with and enjoyed the prank he made her help out with. It came as no surprise that the Gryffindor's exigence involved some form of practical joke. It's not like he would have forced Bronwyn to do his homework for a week or let him cheat off of her tests in class.

     The Great Hall was dry now, an hour after James and Bronwyn's downpour. The Professors were far from amused and had probably been on a wild goose chase trying to find the culprits, which is hilarious to Bronwyn because a) she was one of them and they apparently suspected nothing and b) James Potter and Co. should always be the prime suspects. This told Bronwyn, James Potter had disappeared somewhere not to be found.

     Some of the kids were still quite mortified and definitely still hungry since the dining hall was now pretty much full, but this time the students ate with caution and the food was dry once more.

     Bronwyn had returned to her dorm shortly after abandoning James in a corridor and immediately informed her dormmate and best friend of her latest actions. Andromeda was clearly not impressed but was still rather peckish, so she decided to continue stating her opinions on Bronwyn's decision to help James Potter ─ Andromeda, much like Bronwyn, thinks he is a complete imbecile ─ but while eating dinner. Bronwyn found it quite funny returning to the scene of the crime being one of the two criminals to have imposed the hex, only an hour into the aftermath.    

     Bronwyn took another bite out of her chicken pie, unfazed, as her best friend stared at her wide-eyed. "I dunno, defend yourself?" Andromeda jutted out her neck; her cutlery now resting on her plate. "Deny a child like James Potter the authority to make you do that? Say no? It was hardly a one-way street, Bronwyn."

Bronwyn understands Andromeda's point of view completely, but she still has no regrets. Even if she was feeding into James Potter's game, and agreeing to help a boy with the personality of the conventional twat. "You weren't there."

Andromeda laughed out loud. "Oh right, because Potter's powerful stance and intimidating presence would have convinced me."

Bronwyn's tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth. "I mean, you don't understand my reasoning." She replied. "I can't risk my Quidditch position. And he just happened to threaten that. Believe me, I won't become his "prank puppet" just because I helped him once."