"Hi. What brings you here? Oh I know." She looked down.

       Dhruv said nothing and took a seat and he could see the little group of women at the bar.

     "You do know you're spiralling right? You need to continue your sessions."

      "I know. Yesterday was bad. I've never felt this out of control." He said never taking eyes of the group.

     "Maybe it's because you're trying to be controlled. Maybe you need to let go of control."

     "I don't know...do you know she shoves me away whenever we are close." He said rubbing his jaw.

    "And not just physically but emotionally too. It's like she can't stand the thought of me."

    "I don't think she resents you. I think it has nothing to do with you."

    "What do you mean?"

    "I think you're dealing with this like men do. They're oblivious to what is happening right under their nose even when the signs are there."

       Tasha only sighed and the smiled,

     "Or maybe you're just a bad therapist. I mean, come on Dhruv, how could you not notice? Changing appearance like cutting off hair, plastic surgery, pushing family and loved ones away, indulging in alcohol, how could you not see? The woman is clearly going through something. She's coping."

      He was silent for a moment. Tasha could very well be on the mark. But it was just so unbelievable for him.

     "I don't understand why. She was the one who cheated and she was the one who wanted a divorce."

     "I don't know but it seems unusual that she would do this out of the blue. You said your marriage was happy." Tasha shrugged.

     "It was perfect." He said absentmindedly.

          Now his vision shifted to the group of men on the other side of the bar. He could see the bastard from yesterday who specifically pointed to Khushi and then whispered something to his friends who all laughed.

    His fingers clenched to a tight fist subconsciously.

    "There are no perfect marriages, Dhruv. Coming back to the point, in my opinion her cheating and asking for a divorce were maybe her coping too....woah what is that? Her 5th shot?"

      "7th. You're right. That's my cue." He said getting up. He could also see that a loser from the other group was making their way towards her.

    ***

     "Dhruv!"

            Her eyes were wide and she was smiling when he touched her elbow. That was sign enough that she wasn't sober.

     "I think that's enough drinking for tonight, sweetheart." He placed the eight unfinished shit that she had on her hand.

      "B-ut..."

      "Let me take you to the room."  He gently dragged her away from the group and waved a hand to her sister.

      ****

     "Okay. Damn it! Khushi! Why did you drink so much?!" He couldn't control his annoyance. But she stumbled across the room and placed her finger on his lips.

     "Shhhh! Can't you see? The babyyyyyyy he's sleeping." She said her eyes unfocused and her eyebrows cinched as if she was serious.

     "Rian is with Nats. We're alone."