The beginning of the end- 01

I'm just running out of fanfics to read but I never like mine enough to post them ... but I'll try

        Today was the most important day of my life

Today was the most important day of my life.  I, Kaito Haro, would be taking my last final which would determine if I had the qualifications for this year's graduation. I also had a softball game and I was getting to pitch for the first time.

"We have to celebrate!  Today is like the biggest day ever!"  My roommate cheered over enthusiastically and I laughed.

"You never know.. Maybe Taeho will go to the game?"  She said and I blushed and pushed the girl to the side.

"Don't even start that."  I groaned and the girl laughed at my flustered face.  Ever since she got a boyfriend she acted like I had to date any man I found remotely attractive.

"If you like him so much as him out!"  She whined and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for dating."  I reminded my roommate who huffed. I didn't even like Taeho.. not like that... he was just a comforting friend.

Changing into the uniform pants for my softball game, the white and red stripes hugged my figure. I pulled a black tank over my sports bra.  Pulling my hair into a high pony I put my hat in my sports bag along with my cleats and my long black socks and uniform shirt.  Putting on white converse I grabbed a water bottle and leaned against the door waiting for my roommate.

"Ashley, hurry up!"  I whined and my roommate came rushing into the living room.

"I'm coming- gosh!"  She laughed and smiled at me.

We walked to campus together talking about anything and everything before we stopped outside the exam building.  Ashley took my shoulders in her hands and squeezed them.

"You'll rock this!  Make me proud!"  She cheered and I rolled my eyes but smiled hugging the girl before going off into the building. She was like a stand in parent for me sometimes and I really appreciated her.

I was happy to see the physics exam was easy and I quickly flew through it finishing with time to spare.  Sitting and staring outside I found my eyes struggling to stay open.  Deciding there was no harm in it I leaned on my desk and closed my eyes while the test time came to an end.

I woke up to the lights being off and the room being deathly silent.  Tensing I slowly raised my head and looked around.  Why am I alone? 

Carefully pulling my phone out I checked the time but it wasn't late.. It had only been 20 minutes.  Then I realized I didn't have any signal or wifi.  Frowning I looked around but it was dark in the room without the lights.  Turning my flashlight on I walked to the door and tried the lights but they were dead.

"What..."  I whispered and stepped into the hall but it was void of any sound or light.

I seemed to be the only person left on campus.. But how?

Getting chills I rushed outside but it was abandoned, no one was around me.. It was as if the world was abandoned.

"What the hell is going on?"  I whispered to myself flinching when a big red light glowed in the distance of the city.

"Is.. someone over there?"  I whispered, taking a few steps toward it. 

Deciding that was my best bet I took off running in the direction the red light was coming from, I just had to hope I wasn't running right toward my death...