Chapter 12 - A Vengeful Reunion

Start from the beginning

I grab my phone to end the voicemail before letting out a breath when something catches my eyes. A paper stuck in my window, I look at suspiciously before pulling it out the window and opening the folded paper.

As I read over it, I look around at my surroundings in paranoia. I place the paper down on the table in front of me before going over to my shelf and looking through all myself written grimoires until I find the one, I am looking for. I pull the book and bring it over to where I had placed the paper before opening it to a spell, I had written decades ago.

I read over the paper than the spell once more but every word matches.

Every letter matches.

It's my handwriting.

The paper is in my handwriting but I don't remember writing it. I rub my face as I scrub my mind to try and remember writing this spell more than once but still come up empty.

There is a knock on the door and I tuck the paper into the book, closing it quickly as I call out for the person to come in.

Diego walks in with a look of disinterest and I look at him over my shoulder before turning round.

"You do have manners. Imagine my surprise." I say with a smirk.

"Klaus and Elijah have sent me to fetch you. We have a problem with the witches." He states as his eyes wander around my room.

"Of course, we do." I sigh out as I grab my book and put it on my shelf but leave a magic mark to remind myself to come to it later.

"Is this a real hand?" I hear Diego ask from behind me which makes me spin around quickly.

Diego holds The Hand of Glory in his hand which makes me widen my eyes as he inspects it. I vamp over to him and snatch the object from his hand.

"It is." I say as I place it back in its spot gently before turning around to him with a glare.

"Touch my stuff again or we will find out if vampires can regrow limbs." I threaten.

Diego puts his hands up and rolls his eyes, "Whatever. Just hurry up." He grunts out before leaving me as I stare at The Hand of Glory and smile.

I can hear Klaus's voice from my room and roll my eyes before vamping out the room and downstairs. As I get to the bottom step, I find Klaus and Elijah standing over two dead vampires while other vampires litter around the courtyard, all talking to each other. I walk over to Klaus and Elijah before looking over the dead vampires.

The first thing I notice is the carvings in their foreheads and immediately squat down but end up sitting by their heads instead as I  take a closer look while Klaus and Elijah talk.

"Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks." Elijah says and I look up at the two of them.

"When the bodies were found, how were they found?" I ask them.

Klaus and Elijah turn a little and look at me with a look that's somewhere between confusion and surprise.

"In a circle of salt with runes on the ground." Klaus answers.

"Why?" Elijah adds.

I sigh and swear under my breath as I reach my hands up for help to get up. Elijah grabs my one hand and Klaus grabs my other and both help me back onto my feet.

"I think that Rebekah might have been right." I tell them as they help me back up.

Once my feet are firmly on the ground, I look between the both of them.

"I think the harvest ritual didn't do what we thought because the ancestors or a witch messed with it. They brought back other witches in the place of the girls." I explain to them.