Chapter 22: Player Runs After Girl Bodyguard

Start from the beginning

“Well,” Harris smiled, “You did a great job cutting their hair.”

I nodded, “I sure did.”

Rosabel smiled at me, “So you’re going to unlock the bracelet?”

“Yeah.”

“Wait.” Harris interrupted, “If it shocks you when I try to unlock it. And now you’re not wearing it, can’t I just take it off?”

I looked at him, “Don’t you remember that it reprograms itself to shock the other person who is wearing it.” I paused, “Which in this case it would be... Dean.” Then I remembered him, “By the way, where is he?”

Harris and Rosabel glanced at me, “He’s outside.”

I looked confused, “Then why don’t you guys call him in.”

“He doesn’t want to come in.” Rosabel answered.

“Why don’t you pull him in, or something?” I glanced over to Harris.

He smiled weakly, “I tried.” He paused, “But he’s heavier than he looks.”

“So why doesn’t he want to come in?”

“We’re not sure.” Rosabel looked at me, “He seemed to be having something on his mind.”

I sighed, That player always find something to think of, “Fine. I’ll go look for him.” I started to slip off the bed.

“Sis,” Rosabel took off her jacket, “You should wear this,” she handed it to me, “It’s cold outside.”

I smiled, “Don’t worry.” I shrugged, “I’m fine.”

“But, it’s snowing outside.” Rosabel continued.

I sighed, “Okay then.” I wore her jacket on, “Thank you, Sis.” I glanced down at my red and blue socks and covered them with soft warm white slippers.

Rosabel came closer and hugged me, “Please, don’t go and do it anymore.” She whispered in my ear.

She was talking about my mission finding that person who killed our parents. I lowered my eyes and tried to smile, “I promise, I won’t.” I lied

She felt relieved. And I felt disappointed in myself, but it was the only way that she could focus on her dancing, and become what she have dream when she was young. I sighed and smiled as I looked into her blue eyes.

“So I guess, I’ll go look for him and then we’ll take those bracelets off.” I glimpse back at Harris.

He nodded.

***

Looking at the white snow drifting off from the sky, he placed his hands in his pockets and sighed. Why am I feeling this? He wondered, feeling the tension and atmosphere of loneliness somewhere deep in his heart. He remembered the scene of Harris and Taylor in the white snow again. Dean shook his head, allowing the snow to float off his blond hair. Damn it!

Taking another few more steps, he was standing in front of a small fountain in the hospital building. The water has frozen and therefore, leaving the quiet sound of the snow falling of the sky whispered. Dean sighed again and sat down by the wooden bench covered in white snow. His eyes closed and his head lowered, facing the icy fountain.

He heard footsteps from the distance. Quiet and fainted, as it could be a nurse who just walking passed by.

“Is that you, Dean?” A voice said

His eyes opened and looked up seeing to see a girl with warm boots and a long red jacket to her knees, smiling at him. He recognised her, “Amanda?”

She smiled, “So it is you!” She looked at him, “Why are you sitting her all by yourself?” She looked at him again.

“I just need some cold winter air.” He replied.

Amanda walked closer to him and sat down by the other side of the wooden bench. “I do that too.” She smiled, “It feels nice when all your thoughts just float away into the air.”

Dean nodded.

Amanda glanced back at him, “So, how are you? I didn’t see you at my party a few days ago.”

Dean lowered his eyes, “Well, I had some meetings that I had to attend to.” He lied, trying to keep his voice even.

“Oh, you mean, your father’s company?”

He nodded.

“I see what you mean.” She smiled, “My father is always busy with those meetings.” She paused, “But do you still have some spare time?”

Dean looked at her, “Sometimes.” He stopped, “Why do you ask?”

Amanda smiled, “I was just wondering if you could have dinner with me or something.” She paused, “You know, to talk about all the things that we use to.”

He smiled, turning to the girl, “You mean a date?”

Amanda glanced away and nodded, “Maybe.” She blushed.

The blond girl looked to the other side of the white fountain covered with snow and saw a girl in the hospital’s patient clothes, covered by a jacket. Amanda studied the girl, seeing her wear simple slippers on her different coloured socks. She smiled, “Dean,” she glanced at him, “Do you know that girl?” Amanda pointed, “Because it seems like she’s looking at you.”

Dean smile faded, as he looked at the direction where Amanda pointed. His eyes widened, seeing Taylor looking at him. Seeing her clothes ragged up thin in the cold winter, Dean’s eyes’ widened. “What is she doing here?” He looked at her.

“Who?” Amanda questioned.

But the moment their eyes meet, Taylor glanced away. Dean immediately stood up, not looking back at Amanda, “I need to go somewhere.” He glanced at Taylor who was leaving.  

Amanda looked at Dean, “You’re leaving already?” She glanced at him and then the girl.

He nodded and left without a word.

Amanda’s eyes lowered, “He’s running after that girl.” She whispered to herself. Her eyes focused, “I need to find who she is."

***

I stormed my way down the hallway. I can’t believe I was looking for him to take that stupid bracelet off, while he was doing his player tricks with another girl. I held my coat tighter, Wait, why am I even thinking about this? I stopped, Why do I even care about him? “That’s right, I’m suppose to maintain him as told by his dad.” I answered my questions.

I shook my head and began to walk normally.

“Taylor, wait!” I heard his voice behind me, as his footsteps came closer.

I shook my head again, not turning back and started ran down the hallway.

“Taylor!” He said.

I just continued running straight, feeling the wind in my hair. What does he want from me? I ran faster.

The moment I reached to corner of the turn, I heard him calling for my name once more. But then again, at the corner of my eye, I didn’t see him anymore.

I paused and glanced back, “Where is he?” I turned back to the corner. I saw black men, walking past the corridors of the hallway. Did they kidnap him again?

***

Ummm... How should I say this? I'm so happy to have written this chapter! Hope you guys liked it. I was thinking to make it a little longer, but I thought that I just need to upload it as soon as possible. 

Anyhow, if you like this chapter, vote and comment! I always love hearing for you! Thank you for reading!