14, satisfied , are you krishna?

"Duryodhana? My dear nephew, where are you, son?".

Shakuni's sugary sweet voice could be heard through the koridoors of the kaurava quarters.

"yes, mamashri".

"dear Duryodhana, I have received news that sage durvasa has stepd in our lands.".

"gandhara, mamashri?".

"no no my nephew, my dearest duryodhana, he has come to hastinapura ".

Duryodhana was shocked. He had heard a lot about the sage from his mother, and other elders of hastinapura. "what should I do, mamashri?".

"dear son, , as he has come to hastinapura, and as you are the Yuvaraja, just go and welcome him and offer a stay in our palace". "serve him well, and the sage will be pleased. what if he would be of some use to you or us?.".

Shakuni said, a sinister smile on his face.

"how, mamashri, " Duryodhana asked, confusion clearly evident on his face.

"just waight and see, son." Shakuni said, with a cunning smile.

(***

"welcome, rishivara.  the eldest gandharinandan welcomes you to his humble abode" duryodhana said humbly to a smiling durvasa, as duryodhana  welcomed the sage to his palace.

bhishma , drona, and kripa were there, who touched the feat of the sage.

"pranam, rishivara. we welcome you the palace of hastinapura", the gangaputra said.

The sage said nothing, but smiled at everyone of them, racing his hands in a blessing posture.

The 99 brothers of Duryodhana too came, and touched the sage's feat.

"my dear nephew Duryodhana will look after your well being, rishivara" shakuni stated, receiving an astonished look from Duryodhana. Shakuni returned a clever smile.

***

Putra Duryodhana, bring me a glass of water, the sage ordered the next evening as the son of dritarashtr ran to do his bidding personally. When he returned with a glass full of water, the sage looked at it n=and said, I need a bigger glass, puthr.

Duryodhana again ran and took a bigger glass made of gold. His brother , dushasana saw this action of Duryodhana, and ran to him, "jyesht, please, please, don't get yourself a curse. The sage would prefer a plain glass may be made of steal or bronce. Please, go get one from the kitchen." An annoyed Duryodhana ran to the kitchen, took a plain bronce cup and pored the water in it. When he returned with the water to the garden, where the sage resided, he found the maharishi asleep on the bed of straws. Duryodhana was now in a dilemma. "oh lord. What will I do now, the sage's asleep. Should I call him ufffff why did this mamashri had to put me for this annoying task?" thought the eldest gandharinandan as he saw the sage's eyes open and stare directly at him. "keep the water there, I don't want it now" durvasa said and this annoyed the prince ferther more.

"as you wish, maharishi, " he said, not showing his internal emotions on his face.

***

That night, Duryodhana was fast asleep, when a made came running to his room, knocking on the door fervently . "yuvaraja, yuvaraja, please open the door. The sage's looking for you and says he's hungry. He needs food from your hands". Duryodhana woke , still rubbing his eyes, he came out of his chaimbers, took some vegitables, fruits, and nuts, cut it by himself and ran with it to the sage. "pranam, rishivara. Here is your food" Duryodhana said as he passed the platter to the sage's stretched arm. "did you make this simple meal, child?" the sage questioned and Duryodhana nodded. "aren't you angry on me, for I disturbed your sleep?" the sage asked again.