ᴇx ꜰᴀᴠɪʟʟᴀ ɴᴏs ʀᴇsᴜʀɢᴇᴍᴜs

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 VIII

✰✰✰

Usually, her systems would "sleep" to reboot and refresh for the next day. Not to mention that it saves energy since there's no sunlight at night. But last night was a different case. Nahida stayed up with her, occasionally asking questions.
The mechanism didn't wish to remember. The crimson sky, the mocking moon. The dust that rose beneath her boots, the scarlet that coated her forearm. The body in her grasp, to the screams from afar.

"Nahida."

She suddenly spoke. Dawn was cracking in the distance, and Nahida was reading a book before she looked up from the pages. Y/n recognized it as the same book from the akademiya library that W/n showed her. "Is it possible to completely erase one's memories?" The goddess looked at her with a gentle, thoughtful expression. The storm that was brewing in her systems ceased slightly. "Did you remember something unpleasant?"

She looked down at the covers. "Just a question." Nahida placed her book on the nightstand nearby and hopped onto the mattress, beside her figure. The two gazed at their now intertwined hands. "What has happened in the past has happened, nothing can be done to be changed. Memories are not something forgotten, Y/n." She smiled softly and gave the mechanism a squeeze on her hand. "They simply get buried under more memories as time flows by and doors to meetings open. Hmm.. Let's think of a room."

The god of wisdom gestured to the room around them. "This room is simple and clean, because it's not full of that many things yet. But I'm sure as you experience many things and people, this room will become fuller. Whether it be clothes or trinkets. But when something is in a room, there must be a place to hold it." She grabbed the wooden puzzle on the desk and placed in under the blanket. "The puzzle is still there; but hidden out of view. Now try to find it again." Y/n obeyed the commands and felt around the soft sheets for the hard feeling of the wooden object. Due to the small size, it took a moment to find her.

Nahida then placed a book under the covers and asked her to find it again. This time, it didn't take as long. "The book was bigger than the small wooden puzzle, so it took you less time to find it. Memories are similar. The smaller, more forgettable it is, the harder it is to dig out. If it is more major, bigger, it is easily remembered even if you try to bury it deep down."

The mechanism slowly nodded her head and processed her words. "Still, whether you end up finding it or not, the memory is still there. Time takes care of most things. So I would recommend trying to focus more on experiencing more and making newer memories rather than trying to forget the ones you already have."

Y/n thought for a few minutes. She was about to ask something else, but decided to not disturb her companion with further questions.

What if I burnt the room as a whole..?