ɪɴ ʟɪʙʀᴀs, ʟɪʙᴇʀᴛᴀs

[༄༄༄]

𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 VII

✰✰✰

In the end, W/n managed to half drag Y/n back down onto the ground.

He held firmly onto the neck hem of her coat like a leash as they walked on. Paimon was sweatdropping while Aether held in laughter at the comical sight. Whenever she would randomly speed up or turn somewhere, the wanderer would practically be dragged along or kept her in place.

"Um.. Paimon thinks that this is unfair for Y/n. You're holding onto her like a leash!" Paimon screeched out after a while of holding it in. The two turned their attention to the girl while W/n sighed in exasperation. "You'd be the one to say that after losing her for hours each time coming into the forest." Y/n just looked forward after raising an eyebrow at his comment, as Aether placed a hand on his mouth to muffle himself. The action earned him a half sarcastic glare from the blue haired male.

"Hmph. It's no wonder that she wants to get away from you!" The white haired girl crossed her arms as she flew over to her friend and pat her shoulder. "Poor Y/n, having to endure this hydro fungus every single day..." The blonde officially lost it and burst out into laughter from behind them. Y/n decided to play along and pretended to droop down with her shoulders sagged. Her companion only rolled his eyes and finally let go of her.

"Climb up those trees like a squirrel one more time, and I'm never taking you outside the city again." W/n declared warningly as Y/n and Paimon gave him half lidded eyes of displeasure.

"Ugh, forget about this guy N/n!" The two walked (+flew) side by side once more while the two males walked behind them. This time, even while conversing with Aether, W/n kept his attention onto Y/n's back. Her coat was more like a poncho than a jacket, black with a purple undertone. Coming to think of it, she always covered every inch of her joints that was very obviously balled. W/n was pretty sure it was ever since of one incident..

The two were leisurely walking around the main city, sounds of merchants trying to get peoples' attention and footsteps acting as a background noise. Y/n was busy trying to figure out a wooden puzzle that consisted of trying to get a circular piece off the frame but angling the pieces in a certain way. W/n occasionally sent her glances to make sure she didn't bump into anything, but she seemed to be doing fine.

Not two minutes after, she had figured the piece out. The same piece he struggled with for a week straight before tossing it back into Nahida's toy box. He turned around as if nothing happened and pulled the hat further down on his head.

"Mommy, look!" A sound of a child came from nearby as the mechanism lifted her head and glanced over to the source of the voice. "That lady has weird lines on her arms. Is she sick?" A few feet alongside the path, there was a boy looking around eight and an older woman who widened her eyes at the sight of the puppet. She whispered something to her child and sent her an almost disgusted glance, before dragging him away. The two puppets watched as they left. An irk mark formed on W/n's head, but his companion only tilted her head in responce.