Despite assuring Eric and Lucian that she would be fine, she couldn't restrain the thoughts rising in her head - what was so important that they wanted to see her so early in the morning?

***

"Where is she?" Elora asked anxiously, pacing in her husband's office.

"You just heard the live audio feed from her room, Lo. She'll be here soon. Be patient," her twin said, trying to soothe her.

"Patient? I've been enough patient. You know how badly I wanted to run to her room and shower her with hugs as soon as I got to know?" Elora asked.

It was true - once she had exhausted her tears, she wanted nothing more than to rush into Aurora's, or rather, Ella's room and tell her the truth.

But Edward had asked her to restrain herself, and had diverted her attention by having her redecorate and refurbish their daughter's room.

"You would have terrified her. And shocked her. You know, now that she thinks you and Elena hate her guts," Edward pointed out.

"And she hates us back," Elena added.

Elora stopped and glared at her before beginning to use all the curse words she knew, as creatively as she could, under her breath.

"And they thought royals don't swear," Elena said with a dramatic sigh.

Elora was about to retort, when they heard a soft knock on the door.

"She's here!" Elora said, before looking at the other two and saying, "Be gentle. Don't scare her".

"Scare her? You're the one in your ghastly nightwear!" Elena said, pointing at her cute kawaii pajamas.

Edward sighed. 

"Come in!" he called loudly.

Elora's heart thudded at thrice the speed as she saw Ella, her daughter, enter.

She was evidently stifling a yawn, and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand like a baby before curtsying.

"That's not needed," Elora blurted out, before cursing herself.

Of all the things she had dreamt of telling her daughter first, she had settled with something so weird.

She saw Ella give her a strange look and stand stiff, despite her playing the air violin gave away her nervousness.

"Have a seat," Elena said, pointing at the cushioned seat in front of the large rosewood table.

Ella sat on the chair, settling on the edge, as though ready to run at a moment's notice. Elora joined her sister, and stood behind her husband.

Edward smiled at the young girl.

"Not a word about the jammies," she warned, pointing to her adorable unicorn filled attire. "One word, and I'll paint you in your marshmallow shirt and ask Eric and Lucian to make it viral on the internet".