Chapter Twenty - Six

I'm BACK! Hello, I have been gone for a long time but here I am. I'll continue the story but there are slight changes.

1. The dialogues will be in English only.
2. There are only a few chapters left for the story to be finished.

That's all for now, LET'S DIVE IN!

***

5 months later....

"Thanks, bro" I walked from there to a nearby bench and sat down.

Looking up, the sky was filled with dark blue with a full round and bright moon which was the only source of light here. The moon was accompanied by fellow small yet cute and bright stars around it. 

And here I'm holding my favorite chocolate chip ice cream and enjoying the night.

"Oi!" a voice snapped me from my thoughts. Looking to my right, I saw her walking toward me with a small smile on her face.

"Hey," I greeted back as she sat beside me, leaving a little space between us.

"Looks like you're enjoying the night here, hmm" 

I smiled, "Yup, I am. It's actually good you know" I said looking up back to the sky and continuing, "Chill night, bright moon and little stars, no one around, just me and nature. It's definitely a good damn feeling not to be missed." 

"Yeah, yeah whatever you say chamkadar." She rolled her eyes, a habit that never leaves her. I just chuckled. We fell into silence but it was a comforting one.

"You know, " I looked at her and she looked back, "It's not wrong to share something with someone when there's a thing bothering us," she said.

I looked at her confused for a second as I didn't get her, "What?"

"What what?" she asked back annoyingly.

"Why did you say that suddenly?" 

"Chamkadar, you know why I said it. Don't act like you don't know" 

"For real I don't," I said honestly.

She sighed, and her shoulders dropped at the same time, "Ugh! There's something bothering you, cuz if not, you wouldn't be here, sitting all alone, enjoying the silence as you The Neil Birla, who always be so happy and made others smile is now not having the same smile." she finished by giving me the you-know-look.

I looked at her but before I can say something she beat me, "If you say nothing, I swear to god, the ice cream will become your face pack tonight." she threaten me.

I just chuckled and raised my other hand as a surrender sign, "Please it's my favorite, don't spoil it."

"I won't unless you tell me the problem"

Now, I sighed and took a few breaths,  putting the ice cream away, I started, "It has been months, and Avni mom is not responding toward the treatment but only getting worse day by day." she sat quietly and waited for me to continue.

"The other side, since I have been going out too much, as you know to meet Avni mom and stay at the hospital, I unintentionally have lessened to spend time at home with manjiri maa and bhai. I swear I didn't mean to but..." I couldn't continue more cuz of the incident that happened two days ago.