Chapter Twenty-Four

Soon we reached the destination, I looked out the window to see, "Hospital?" I asked turned to Aarohi in confusion.

"You will know. Now come let's go, Ameer is waiting" she said and got down, I followed her.

We walked passed many people and ward rooms. Lastly we came to one, where I saw Ameer standing and talking with a doctor. I got more confused and there was a lot of questions inside my small brain.

Seeing Aarohi and Neil, Ameer excused and went to them.

"You are here!" Ameer said happily seeing Neil there but Neil's reaction was totally opposite. He was so confused seeing his surrounding.

"Why are we in hospital? Is someone not feeling well Ameer?" Neil asked few questions which was on his mind.

Ameer smiled but it was a sad one, "Yes there is someone." He replied.

Neil somehow understood Ameer's smile and asked him, "Is it your mom?"

"Actually it's our mom" Ameer's reply shooked Neil, he was totally blanked right now. A lot things was running in his mind, he did search about her and got some information. He knows she has a son now other than him, but he did not think it will be Ameer. But somewhere in, I felt what his saying is the truth.

Suddenly, I felt anger rushing in my veins. "Mom?...Our mom?" I asked again angrily. I looked at Ameer, and said, "She. Is. Not. My. Mom!"

"Neil..." Ameer voiced out but I shut him. "SHUT UP!" I shouted at him.

"Don't you say a word! Who said she is my mom? What do you even know about her? Just because I told you about her yesterday night, it doesn't mean you can say anything!"

"I do know. She is your mom and mine. Looks it's a long story, I will tell you but you need to calm down first." Ameer said calmly.

"I don't want to hear anything!"

"Neil, try to listen to him first." Wait so she knew all this time? I turned to her, "You knew?" I asked, my voice clearly showed that I'm hurt.

Her face change to guilt, "Yes, I wanted to tell you but then I thought to give you surprise." She said looking down.

"Surprise?" I said lowly. How can she think this thing will be a surprise for me? "Are you crazy?! Where in the hell did you think this will be a surprise for me?" I yelled at her, and she jerked in reflex.

"Bhai, it's not her fault, I'm the one who suggested this idea." I felt more angry when I heard him.

"Bhai?! I am not your freaking brother! I told you she's not my mom!" I yelled at him, showing the ward room.

"She is not my mom! She left me at the orphanage when I was a baby, not thinking about me, making me to live in guilt at Birla house, making me to feel I'm a burden in Birla house, leaving me to hear all the taunts from others and even from my own freaking father who I thought is not. I was left in the dark my whole life Ameer! But you won't understand it, because you lived and living with YOUR mom, happily with a father and mother, you have a family and I DON'T! So don't you say that woman is my mother again!"

Neil's words and act, made Ameer to loose his temper, "Stop yelling!" He said sternly. "This is a hospital not your home! And don't you say a word about my mom like that! Stop acting like your father!"

Neil couldn't hear someone comparing him to Harsh, and since his not in right mental state, he walked near Ameer and grabbed his collar. "I. AM. NOT. HIM!" Neil said all the words one by one, clearly stating the hatred he has for Harsh.

Aarohi who sensed they both crossing the limit, decided to stop them. She walked and tried to separate those two. "You both! Stop!" After many tries she separated them, and slapped Neil.