Chapter Seven

I stood in front of the door, which written Dr. Harshavardhan Birla in bold. Took a deep breath, and knocked the door.

"Come in" I went in, saw him busy with the papers in his hand. Not glancing up to see who came.

"Sir" I gave him an envelope, which was my leave letter for Neha's engagement day. He looked at the later and my face.

"What is it?" Asking he took the letter and read it. Eyes moving according to the words that written, once finished he looked at me.

"Leave for a day?" I nod at him. It's already said in the paper and still his asking me. He was thinking deeply then said,

"I can't give you that easily because you are the most talented and dedicated doctor here. If we need you at the moment but you are not here then it will be hard for us. But if there's no work for you then you can finish your shift early and go for the function." I had little disappointed look on my face but covered it and just nod at him.

I left the place, what he said was true. As a doctor we will not know what will happen the next second. If they need me on that day, but I couldn't help. A life could be gone because of me. Which I would not let it happen. Remember Aarohi, why did you choose this career at the first place. I shrugged the thoughts and continued my work.

.
.
.

While doing my work, a message popped out,

~Message~

Tonight don't forget - Chamgadar🦇🙄

What if I dont want to come? - Aarohi

I know you will come. But still if not, you know what I will do😌 -Chamgadar🦇🙄

Keep your threats with you chamgadar 🙄- Chipkali🦎✨

Anyways, wear a nice dress and I'll pick you up at your home sharp at 8pm - Neil.

Home?!😳 No!
I mean no need, I'll come by myself. Just send me the location. - Chipkali🦎✨

You sure? It's quite far from your house - Neil

I'm 100% sure I can come by myself - Chipkali🦎✨

Alright see you then, bye - Chamgadar🦇🙄

~End of message~

I sighed seeing the time, I still got three hours for the dinner and for my shift to end two hours. I still haven't wether to go or not. I walked into Mrs. Hood ward, saw her talking in her phone. Must be with her daughter-in law, I smiled at her and she returned back.

"Hello ma" I sat beside her, she put her phone and turned to me. Her face turned from happy to confusion?

"You okay beta?" She asked worriedly.

"Meh theek ho maa. Kyu puch rahi ho?"

"You seems to be confused or more like don't know what to decide." My eyes widened, how did she guess correctly?

"Haa ma...lekin aapko kese patahi maa?"

"Experience" She winked at me, it was cute. I laughed, "So batao mujhe konsi matter tumko decision nahi karr sakthi ho?"

"Wohh, mere ek friend invite kiya tha mujhe dinner keliya. Lekin I dunno I should go or not."

"Konsi friend?" I raised my eyebrows at her seeing her smiling sheepishly I knew what she meant.

"Nahi ma, friend only"

"Sure? I thought it's SPECIAL friend" She pressed the word special. My cheeks turned into pink shade, when I imagined Neil. Him special friend?