[Timeskip]

I opened my eyelids and noticed that everyone was sleeping peacefully. I looked around and saw Kaito was still awake and reading his poetry book, Kaito noticed me and smiled.

"It's still midnight Mei. Go back to sleep," he said with a soft tone.

"Ah... Sorry I overslept... I promised to accompany you before," I apologized.

"It's ok besides you looking really peaceful and I didn't have the heart to wake you up," He replied.

"Anyway... How long have you been awake ?" I asked while I approached him.

"for 3 Hours, it's currently midnight," He looked outside for a moment and then looked at me again.

"I see... Then, you can go rest now Kaito, I will guard us all" I said.

"It's alright Mei.. I don't feel like sleeping for a moment." He said and continued to read his book again.

"Oh yeah... Kaito... That Poetry book is from your mother, right ?" I asked him.

Kaito stopped in the middle of a page.

"Yeah... And it's the only memento that I have left from her," his eyes showed a little hint of sadness.

There was a moment of silence between me and Kaito until he spoke, breaking the silence.

"By the way... You were asking about my Parents before at Chiba, right ?".

"Eh ?! Ah that's right... But after seeing your response, I decided to not talk more about it," I said while the memory flooded in my mind.

"I see, Maybe I can talk about my Parents and my past to you, this time" He closed his Poetry book.

[3rd POV, Several Years Back]

"Mom, Dad ?" A little boy woke up by a sudden

"Wake up Kaito, we need to get out of here!" The man said as he took Kaito on his arm.

"Yui! Let's go!" He said.

"Alright," she replied.

The three of them ran outside from the house. They kept running and running until a big beast-like creature appeared in front of them stopping them in their movement.

"A Demon... What is it doing here ??" Yui said, clearly confused at the creature's existence.

"Yui take Kaito! I will deal with the Demon," he handed Kaito to her and she immediately accepted.

"Kenzaki!!! You can't defeat it, you're wounded," she said with a worried voice.

Kenzaki unsheathed his sword and started attacking the beast, but the beast swung its palm with a strong force, making Kenzaki hold it with his sword.

"GO!!!" He yelled to both of them while still holding his ground.

Having no other choice than leaving her husband, Rena started to run while carrying Kaito in her arms.

"Dad!!!!!" Kaito yelled as his hand reached into his direction.

"Sorry Kaito, Yui ...."He said and he continued to attack the Demon.

Yui ran while carrying Kaito until a fast creature started to attack them. Rena fell down and Kaito tumbled onto a cold snow pile.

She slowly got up but her eyes widened instantly after seeing the beast that was chasing them now standing not too far from Kaito.