𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨

𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨. When she awoke beside Janson with her head on his chest, she felt it in her guts that nothing was going to be the same after this day. The day started out normally with Giada studying the infected people to see if any of the serums were working. None of them were successful, making the auburn haired woman get antiser by the moment. Time was running out, and they all knew it.

Once Heath and Violet found out about Thomas's return, the two of them automatically arranged for someone to get Naomi out of The Last City. None of them wanted the little girl in this place for whatever was bound to happen next. Frankly, there's already an evacuation plan in place if it was necessary. Janson shockingly arranged it after some minor convincing from Giada.

Everyone continued about with their day without any worry of the upcoming threat, and Giada kept her gun loaded on her waist at all times. She was not going to take the risk, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was going to happen to all of the people here. Giada didn't repeat any of her thoughts to anyone, not even Janson; who was becoming exceedingly unpredictable. His condition seemed to worsen within the past two days, and it scared the shit out of Giada.

He never let her out of his sight though. If Janson himself wasn't by Giada's side, a large cluster of armed guards were. She did not see how any of this was plausible, but anytime she tried to ask Janson about it; he said it's just for extra protection. So apparently the older man was taking his vow to make sure nothing happened to Giada quite literally. He had readjusted to his old ways of avoiding her though, mainly because Janson didn't want Giada to see him like this.. Not in control of his own thoughts and mind.

The sun was just beginning to settle over the horizon when Janson found Ava sitting alone, staring out at the city she created. His head throbbed uncontrollably with the headache that lingered inside of Janson's head for days on end. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. The man definitely preferred the way Giada did it, she touched Janson so softly, instantly causing the normally cold man to relax slightly in her grasp. How he just wished all of this could be over already so he could be with her.