𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞. Flashing lights flew around like daggers, threatening to corrupt the whole crowd of people whole. Of course they wouldn't just let them leave without having this dramatic search party.

Thomas kept whispering at them to keep moving forward, but carefully. Just a precaution to take so the bright lights wouldn't catch a glimpse of any of them. When they all reached the other side of the sand dune, Giada threw herself onto the soft ground; fighting to catch her breath. She'd almost forgotten what it truly felt like to be out of breath.

They all made sure to slide down the sand dune cautiously because they never knew what they'd find. Giada briefly remembered the night when they arrived at the facility, those creepy crank things were crawling up the same side that they were all currently on. It wasn't the smartest decision in the book, but what choice did the group have?

Giada and the others stood up once they were down at the bottom of the hill. She wiped the sand off of herself, groaning inwardly because it felt like the substance was in every crevice of her body. Giada even could feel the sand in her shoes. At some point, Thomas asked everyone if they were alright, to which several people nodded. Giada didn't respond, she was too busy watching Teresa sneak off somewhere in front of them. Where in the world is she going? The auburn haired woman was admittedly astonished that she'd been able to keep up with the crowd in the first place considering the young girl had been in a bed for a few days.

She made the decision to go after her, no one should be out here on their own. Regardless of Giada's opinion on her. The woman crept in the back of Teresa slowly, eyeing up ahead of her with a cynical expression. There was a huge, run down house with cracked windows. It was dark and gloomy inside of it, just the perfect place for cranks to hide; in Giada's personal opinion. But Teresa must not have thought of that because she saw the young teenagers footprints in the sand. Going in here is like asking to be killed. Giada thought crossly to herself.

"Giada, where are you going?" Newt inquired firmly from where he stood beside Minho and Thomas.

"Teresa went down in here," She called back, forcing herself to have some courage to go inside.