CHAPTER 1: will things ever change? (page 4)

Kenji was putting his things away in his locker when out of nowhere, a lightly tanned hand comes in and slams against the locker beside him.

"Done my shit yet?" Caleb asked in a relaxed tone. His eyes looked down at Kenji aggressively while Kenji could hardly stand from that scare.

His knees were bent as Caleb was again towering above him, his hazel eyes seemingly bored so much yet nothing at all, and his blank expression was almost unreadable yet so intimidating.

"Don't make me ask again, dimwit." Caleb said again but this time sounding more angry, making Kenji flinch.

But that's when Kenji noticed something. Right on the bridge of Caleb's nose was a bandaid, and on his bottom lip was a small but still fresh scar, even his right cheek seemed to have a bruise on it.

It made Kenji loose focus for a bit, he stopped panicking and his eyebrows furrowed as if he realized something.

"So it was him." Kenji thought but then a hand came over and slapped him on the cheek. It wasn't a hard slap but more of a hard tap, but it brought Kenji out from his thoughts anyway.

"Oi, don't tell me you forgot to do it or something, cus if you did," Caleb suddenly leaned in closer, "I will make you reg-" but before he could finish the sentence, Kenji abruptly pushed him away.

Caleb hadn't expected the sudden push and fell backwards hitting the cold floor.

"I'm sorry! Y-You got so close I just- I just panicked!!"

"You deadbeat!" Caleb sounded furious as he said that and it made Kenji truly regret what he did.

Kenji froze and Caleb got up quickly, grabbing the black haired boy by the collar of his shirt and raising up a fist, revealing pained and still red scars on his knuckles. To Kenji, they looked like they could still be bleeding.

Caleb paused, his fist only inches away from Kenji's face. He could hear murmurs and whispering from the other students behind them and suddenly Kenji looked like he'd rather not have to face getting teachers involved either.

Kenji watched Caleb's fist tremble as the blonde boy tried to contain himself, and after a few seconds, Caleb's grip around Kenji's collar loosened and eventually let go.

Caleb then walked away with his hands deep inside his pockets and eyes fixed to the ground, leaving Kenji alone.

"Damn it, that dimwit, I thought he was mute or something, but he spoke." Caleb thought as he walked, but it felt like as if something had broken inside of him.

"He spoke to me." Caleb repeated again in his head and his face softened just for a moment.

It was the first time Caleb had heard Kenji speak, his voice sounded so genuine when he said sorry, and genuine fear too. Crap, is Caleb feeling guilty now? No, there's still some anger left.

Caleb's eyes grew angry again as he thought, "I'll find a way to deal with him."