𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

Giada gawked at the scene in horror as the woman fell limply to the ground. The blood dyed her hands red and the blonde haired guy leapt forward to try and get ahold of her body, but the guards wouldn't let him. At least three guards had to hold the man down, but he still screamed the most hateful words in Janson's direction. And what did Janson do? He fucking smirked.

He placed his gun back into its holster, outright refusing to meet Giada's eyes. He predicted that she was backing away from him slowly, and that's exactly what the woman did. Janson figured he'd just deal with Giada later. He would've right now, but he had other things to worry about.

"Alright, get the rest of them on!" She shouted, and the guards moved to obey her command. Giada didn't even know why they'd stopped in the first place.

So that's what they started to do until they were of course interrupted. Suddenly, Thomas pulled a whole fucking bomb out of his pocket; waving it everywhere. Where the hell did he get one of those from?

"Let them all go or I'll blow everyone up!" He screamed at them.

Giada was still shaking, but she could tell that it was taking everything for Janson not to pound the boy to death. The guards held their weapons threateningly at them, and shockingly enough the man was trying to convince them not to shoot. She wouldn't be shocked by the fact that Janson would probably like it if this whole place turned into a bloodbath.

"You know we can't do that, Thomas!" Ava hissed as Janson encouraged him to think about what he was doing.

"Do it," Minho said daringly to the brunette as he approached with Newt and Frypan behind him.

"Yeah, Thomas. We're ready," Newt whispered.

Thomas was visibly shaking as he dragged his tongue across his lips. He clearly did not want to blow them all up, but something told Giada that he'd surely end up going through with it. However, he had to say something to someone else there. Thomas glanced up to meet Giada's eyes slowly.

"What about you, Giada?" He inquired, making the woman freeze. "Are you still on our side after all this time?"

"You left me behind, all of you did. I watched you leave me without really even giving it a second thought." She replied slowly, and in that moment Giada made up her mind where her allies truly lied. "WCKD's the only reason I didn't die in there, so anything I do now is for them."

Technically, it was Janson who had saved her; not WCKD itself. The woman guessed he didn't want Ava knowing that he was the wholehearted reason for her still being alive. She was doing all of this for him, not her. At least Giada could admit that for herself now. Janson did not look in Giada's direction when she'd proclaimed her alliances, but his eyes did soften. Only for a few seconds because then the rough desire to ensure nothing happened to her grew stronger.

"That's all I needed to know," Thomas said, unable to contain the amount of hurt in his voice.

His finger dangled over the trigger, but then in the distance a truck came speeding towards the black helicopter. The collision made parts start flying everywhere, and that must've been the subjects cue to fight. They all scrambled towards the guns and Giada suddenly wished she had brought hers.

Gunshots began to fire from multiple people towards everyone at WCKD, and despite Janson practically whirled around; proceeding to shield Giada's body with his own. He shoved her forward towards the Berg, shouting for her to go. She tried to run back towards him, but at this point the guards grabbed onto her and dragged her away from the older man.

"Fine, I'll go! Just get your hands off of me!" She snapped at the guards, forcing herself to move.

Bullets continued to fire everywhere, several of them in her direction, and Giada tried to dodge them. But seeing as she couldn't tell where they were, it was nearly an impossible mission. She made herself keep running towards the Berg, and when she did, the guards went out to find more people.