𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Mulai dari awal

His eyes settled into Giada for a second, and then he turned and walked off elsewhere. Ava walked next to Giada, looking her up and down suspiciously. She didn't even offer the young woman any type of greeting, just simply motioned for Giada to follow her.

Then Ava beckoned towards Thomas, who was on the ground; glaring at them all with pure hatred. He even looked at Giada that way, like he didn't even recognize who she was anymore. The auburn haired woman had been one of the first people to defend him in the Glade because she sympathized with the boy. And now look what they've became.

"Hello, Thomas." Ava greeted him. The teenage boy didn't respond as he continued to stare at the woman in outrage.

She stood there next to the older woman, feeling very awkward and uncomfortable. Giada had no clue if she should walk away or not, and she was silently cursing out Janson for leaving her here alone with a woman who probably wanted her dead. The woman began to pick at her fingernails as the traitor finally decided to show her face to the crowd.

Teresa walked over to Ava carefully, not even acknowledging her former friends. She briefly glanced at Giada as the auburn haired woman crossed her arms.

"I'm glad you're safe," The chancellor whispered, pulling the young girl into a hug.

"Wait, what's going on?" Newt asked with a frown. It was evident on all of their faces that they'd watched the exchange and now they were extremely confused.

It didn't help that Teresa didn't offer anyone an explanation, and Giada certainly wasn't going to as she looked down at her feet. Suddenly, the ground became way more interesting than what was going on around her.

"She's with them," Thomas announced coldly. I don't think I've ever seen him this pissed off before.

"Since when?" demanded Minho from where he was on the ground.

"Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good," Janson's loud voice chimed into the conversation. "Once we restored her memories." Do you write poetry or something? She thought with a frown.

Then the man walked behind the two women before he reached Giada's side. Janson glanced down at Giada to find she was already looking up at him. And he certainly did not miss when the younger woman scooted herself away from Ava so she could be closer to him. Janson re- positioned his body, making it to where he stood somewhat in front of her in a protective type of way. Like a barrier, or a bodyguard.

"Contrary to what you may believe, we aren't monsters!" Ava informed the teenagers loudly. And Giada began to wonder if everyone at WCKD was a professional at preparing speeches... "We need to find the Cure, the world will be a lot better off if we do. We just need-"

"What, more blood?" An older, long haired woman shouted. She stood up, pushing through multiple guards and children.

"Hello Mary," Ava greeted her coolly. Giada was too busy watching the exchange between the two older women, same with everyone else; so none of them noticed that Janson had pulled out his gun. It was currently in his right hand, kind of hidden within the depths of his jacket. "I hoped we'd meet on better circumstances."

"I regret a lot of things, but not this!" The woman called Mary shouted in defiance. "At least I have a clear conscience."

"So do I."

Without any type of warning, Janson's gun went off. Giada clamped her hands over her eardrums because the gunshot made them hurt so terribly. He kept a straight face as a pool of blood began to form onto the woman's stomach. Mary was so stunned to the point where she couldn't speak, so she simply stared at Janson like he'd betrayed her.