𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Sneak onto the Bergs? Giada gulped. She was already on thin ice with Janson and all of the other guards here. All the woman needed was to get caught red-handed at a party she wasn't supposed to be at.

"Excellent," Lillian praised Violet as she added quickly, "And we could all disguise ourselves as guards so no one would guess it's us." This surprised Giada also; she never took the blonde haired nurse for a type of woman who legitimately enjoyed partying.

"What happens if we get caught?" Kristy asked genuinely.

"Deny it," said Violet simply, like it was the easiest thing in the whole world. "They're all going to be higher than the ceiling anyways."

"Yeah, drugs and alcohol have a huge factor on behavior as you all know," Giada proclaimed as they all nodded in agreement. Every single one of them has ended up in an awkward situation due to being intoxicated. Several times she'd gotten drunk in the Glade and no one ever found out about it.

"Whose all going?" Heleen inquired.

"I know for certain Heath and Janson because I eavesdropped on their conversation," Violet murmured outloud thoughtfully. "And probably a bunch of other guards."

"I'm not a good liar," Maya fretted.

"Then either become a better liar within a two hour timespan, or stay here," Violet spoke to her mildly. Leave it to Violet to start unnecessary drama.

"Alright, so we'll sneak onto the Berg's in about an hour," Kristy announced, eyeing Lillian and Violet for confirmation. It's fairly obvious that Giada was being forced into this plan, so of course none of them were going to pay attention to her.

"Yes." The brown haired woman nodded her head. "But who's going to watch my daughter?"

"You have a daughter?" Giada exclaimed without thinking. She surely wasn't expecting to ever hear those words come from her new friends' mouth.

Violet blinked at her. She'd forgotten that Giada wouldn't have remembered that fact along with everything else. "Yes, Heath and I do." She admitted sincerely. "She's only about six months old."

"Wow." That was all Giada could force herself to say. She would've never predicted that Violet out of all people had a whole ass child. The woman looked remarkably good, Giada had to give her that. "You'll have to let me see her sometime."

The brown haired woman shot her a kind smile. "That sounds great to me."

Violet had informed Giada of several key factors over the two hour timespan. First off, she had to be extremely careful because there's going to be drinks laced with dangerous substances that the auburn haired woman had never heard of. Apparently, they could fuck around with your head and make you see things that aren't truly there.

Next off, they had to avoid anyone that worked at WCKD, which would be a challenge considering none of them would be wearing their uniforms so they could blend in with the crowd of people. Giada surely had to try and keep to herself; Violet told her that anyone would be able to recognize her hair color from miles away. Drunk or not. This meant she needed to avoid Janson, even though somehow he always found her.

She didn't understand why they were even bothering to sneak off to this party if they had to take so many precautions. Wasn't the point of parties to let loose and allow for all of your problems to fade away? Giada did need to get out of the facility walls for a while, she was getting extremely sick and tired of gazing at the same walls every single day on an endless loop. Lillian decided to follow the rules eventually, the pressure of it all causing the woman to change her mind. She did agree to watch Heath and Violet's daughter though, which the brunette would not stop thanking her for. Giada took a deep, nervous breath. She wanted to leave the Berg and act like nothing was happening, but seeing as the aircraft was already high up in the air... Giada didn't have any other choice than staying put.