𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

Once again, Giada slid down another steep sand-slide, which caught her off-guard because she gasped out-loud. It did not take long for the other males to follow behind her either, the sand rifling itself through the air, making her cough. Giada had to wipe it out of her watery eyes as she tried to see the rest of the new place. Clearly, it was abandoned. There were a bunch of dusty items scattered throughout the whole area, all various things. It sounds like Teresa's got some good ideas up her sleeve after all.

"Guys!" Teresa appeared in front of the crowd from the left corner. "Look, it's perfect to find supplies, but I need to know what's going on?"

"It's WCKD," Giada said, fluttering her eyelashes. "Isn't that enough for you?"

"Thanks for your input, Giada," Thomas responded, only half teasing. He turned to Teresa along with the others that were gathered in the rundown house. "There were bodies hung up, dozens of them. They were being drained of their blood from what I could tell."

"Were they dead?" Minho asked.

"No," The brunette shook his head. "I don't know what they were, but it was good that we got out of there when we did."

Giada pondered on it for a second. She recalled the Ava woman mentioning something about a terrible disease called the Flare. They were trying to find the cure to save humanity, and that's the sole reason that the kids were even in the trials in the first place. But something deep down in her gut told her that just maybe her feelings hadn't been wrong. Giada felt like she didn't belong in the Glade because she actually didn't, so why was she put in there?

Then Thomas said that WCKD wanted specifically Giada dead, but the auburn haired woman didn't have the slightest clue of what she could've possibly done. She'd been alone in a room with Janson multiple times over that whole three day span, if he wanted her dead he could've just done it then and no one else would ever know. Then again, Janson probably would have went through with it eventually, and the thought of it chilled Giada to the bone. People actually wanted her dead.

"So, where are we going?" Newt questioned as he scratched his chin.

"Uhm.." Thomas started to say bashfully. "I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?" The blonde boy snapped, beginning to get angry. They all exchanged surprised glances as Newt went off on Thomas about the fact that the crowd of people followed him out into the middle of nowhere, but now he has no clue of where to go next.

"Janson mentioned something about them trying to find a Right Arm," Aris offered once everyone had settled down. "We could start from there." What the fuck is a Right Arm?

"Yeah." Thomas was quick to agree with that one. "That's where we are headed."

"Okay then," Giada said sourly, moving forward to begin gathering supplies. "If I ever see that prick again, I'm going to kill him."

"I support that," Minho echoed his agreement.

✦✦✦✦

Giada bounded around, her ocean blue eyes darting in every direction possible for the slightest sign of danger. The group of former Gladers had constructed a plan that they'd all try to gather all of the supplies they perceived to be valuable for their journey. They were supposed to form groups to go in, but since no one offered for her to join them, Giada went by herself. She knew that wasn't one of her brightest ideas, however, the auburn haired woman outright refused to be a third-wheel to a bunch of people who didn't want her. Besides, they were children. Giada would much rather hangout with people her age, or a little older.