Aurora sniggered, while the other two stared at the Queen.

"She is my sister, you know," Queen Elena said, noticing their stares. "So... Tell me girls. Give me the deets. Who's the number one competitor for Eric's hand?".

"You're looking at them," Aurora said, pointing at the two girls next to her. 

The seamstress quickly rapped her hand.

"Interesting. Very interesting," Elena said. "I've never seen the two main competitors be such good friends".

"Well, we've been through a lot together," Adelaide said.

"So I've heard," was all Elena said.

There was a short pause.

"Can I come in and see your costumes?" Elena asked.

"NO!" the three of them exclaimed.

"Sheesh, do people forget I'm a Queen even though I wear a Crown?" Elena asked lightly, pointing to the diamond circlet on her forehead.

"What we meant to say is, that you'll see our dresses tomorrow. At the ball," Adelaide said smoothly.

"Oh well. Your loss. I was planning on letting you rummage through my jewelry box, but it's okay," Elena said in the same light tone.

The three girls looked at each other.

"We're fine," Kate said, answering for all of them.

Elena nodded appreciatively. "You girls are good. I visited all the other competitors who jumped at the chance to raid my closet. You're good enough for my boy".

"I'm guessing those unlucky people will be eliminated soon?" Kate asked.

Elena nodded.

"But my offer still remains, girls. I think you three deserve it," she said.

"Um... Why are you being so nice to us?" Adelaide asked tentatively.

"She's not like her sister," Aurora muttered.

"Pardon?".

"Nothing," Aurora replied innocently.

"To answer your question, Lady Summers, I've always wanted girls. I do have a boy - Luke. He's a big oaf and he'll be landing in Illea tomorrow afternoon. How much ever I love him, it isn't the same as having girls, right?" Elena said, and Aurora saw sorrow touch her face for the first time since they'd met.

"Well, you do have Elanor and Elodie," Aurora said.

"True... True," Elena brooded. She suddenly snapped out of it. "Well... I'll see you ladies later then".

The girls did their best to curtsy in the limited space as the Queen drifted away.

"She's..." Kate began, unable to find the words.

"Different?" Aurora supplied, laughing.

"Definitely," Adelaide said, grinning.

"I don't think she appreciated the comment about Queen Elora, though," Kate said thoughtfully.

"Do you think... that maybe I'm going too far with it?" Aurora asked quietly. "I mean she didn't apologize, and she doesn't really need to since she's the Queen and all, but... is it weird that I value her words more than anyone else's?".

"I mean... she is the Queen," Adelaide pointed out.

"But what she did wasn't very nice either. I was surprised when the usually level headed Queen Elora lost her composure that day," Kate said. "And I've never seen you cry so much, ever. So she does, kind of deserve it".

"Don't outwardly say stuff like that, though. But keep your distance," Adelaide advised.

Aurora nodded slowly.

"Done," their seamstresses exclaimed, and the three of them carefully hopped off the platform and walked out of the cubicle.

They stared at each other, and at the multiple floor length mirrors across from them.

"You guys look beautiful," Aurora said, taking in Adelaide's deep red, strapless dress, and Kate's baby pink layered gown.

"You do too," Adelaide pointed out, but Aurora dismissed her.

"We. Look. Hot!" Kate squealed, throwing her hands over Aurora and Adelaide.

They all burst into laughter, and all Aurora could do was hope this happiness would last.

"Come on," she said, walking back to her cubicle. "We better get going. We need to do one last rehearsal".