[1] NANA

Many people say that babies are troublesome. They often cry and scream without regard for time. As they grow, their mischief becomes more fierce.

Fighting, throwing things, playing until they lose track of time, refusing to eat, refusing to wear clothes, climbing to high places, crossing the way without assistance...

It's truly chaotic.

During this growth and development period, parents are expected to educate their children to be good kids. If they fail, not only will the child be labeled as naughty, but the parents will also be labeled as incompetent.

However, not all parents have the time to raise and take care of their children themselves.

So, the labels of good and bad for children also depend on their environment, friends, and other factors. Ironically, even though raising a child is the responsibility of both parents, if they both have to work, society understands that.

On the same side, naughty children born under these circumstances are blamed even more. It's funny how society demands that a naughty child become a good child when they themselves are never shown the kindness they expect.

They grow up on their own, feed themselves, learn on their own, and live on their own. Shouldn't society be grateful that these naughty children are still alive?

Of course not, they continue to judge naughty children. Perhaps they think that these naughty children are mutants from birth, so they can act like adults, take care of themselves right from the start.

But... We don't live in a fantasy world.

The world we live in is full of pressure, criticism, irrationality, and ironic expectations. The unseen remains a fact, but society refuses to acknowledge it. Both their eyes must see it before they say it's a fact.

The feelings of pain, rejection, loneliness, disappointment, confusion, fatigue, sadness, anger, and others are not considered valid if they are not seen and felt by them.

In the end...
Good children remain good, and naughty children remain naughty.

It will always be like that.

Until time calls or time stops.

===

Casper is one of the troubled children in society. He became naughty not because his parents failed to educate him but because of their absence in his life.

Economically, Casper's family is not poor. They live a modest life, and they don't worry about food for the next day.

Even if only one of his parents works, let's say his father, and Casper's mother is a full-time housewife—they can still afford to eat, and Casper can still go to school.

They have a two-bedroom house, and while they don't have a car, they have two motorcycles—one for his father and another one for Casper.

See?

The family's economic situation is not the reason Casper became naughty. The real reason is that Casper's parents were not ready to have a child.

When will they be ready?

Even when Casper is in his final year of high school, the answer to that question is still... "not ready."

Casper is a name created by combining his parents' names, Cassie and Perry. If Casper is currently 17 years old, his parents meeting took place 20 years ago when they were both 15 years old.

They were very young, too young...

But their affection brought them together. They met, spent time together, and then started dating. In their second year together, Cassie and Perry decided to live together.