Katherine didn't glare at her as usual.

Interesting.

Elena nodded and focused her attention back to her nieces.

"Don't tell your mother, my bambine, but Aunty Elena has gotten you amazing gifts from Italy!" she whispered loudly.

The girls squealed and hugged Elena. 

"You're our favorite Aunt, Aunty Elena," Elanor said.

"But I'm your only Aunt!" Elena said, laughing loudly.

Elora couldn't keep herself from laughing. This was why she loved having her sister around - she had an ability to make anyone laugh, to cheer anyone up.

"Come on," she said, pulling her sister back to her feet. "We have a lot to talk about".

***

Aurora had woken up a few hours later, just in time for lunch. She took a quick shower and changed into a comfortable pair of pants and an overlarge sweater.

Not the best attire to roam around the castle in, but, well, she didn't have much to do anyways, since she'd missed all her lessons.

Grace had come in a while later, with a few other servants, bearing multiple frames in their hands.

Aurora pushed past the most elaborate ones and chose a simple, ebony frame.

"Perfect," she said.

"Will you ever show me the painting?" Grace asked curiously.

"Not now," she had replied smilingly, shooing her out of the room as she uncovered her painting and fitted it in a frame.

Beth came in just as she covered back the framed painting, and handed her a plate of food which she gobbled eagerly.

"Thank you," she said, handing the plate back to her maid, and standing up.

"Where are you going?" Beth asked her.

"Music room. I need to practice," she replied before adding, "No seeing the painting!".

She wasn't very confident with the small solo part she had in the piece she and the girls had composed.

As she reached the music room, she realized that someone was already in it, playing the piano.

Claire de Lune.

It was dimly lit as always, and the music echoed in the room. Aurora quietly went to the case that held her usual violin, and began playing along.

It was probably Kate warming up - she had probably the same thought as her and wished to practice.

After all there was only two days left for the ball.

The pianist stopped for a second upon hearing Aurora's violin, but joined in enthusiastically after a moment.

The pianist stopped after a few minutes, and Aurora continued playing and finished the piece, loving how the well rosined bow felt on the strings.

"That is the saddest Claire de Lune I've ever heard," the pianist said.

That was definitely not Kate.

The woman walked towards her, light finally falling on her face.

Black hair, blue eyes, a pink dress.

Aurora immediately placed her instrument in the case and curtsied. 

"Queen Elena. It's a pleasure," she said.

The Queen smiled widely, and Aurora held back her gasp of surprise. Despite the fact that she looked identical to her twin, Elena seemed so much more easy going and happier than her.

"How did you figure it out?" she asked, still smiling.

"You look... happier," Aurora managed. "Besides, Queen Elora would never wear a pink dress".

The Queen burst out laughing. "You seem quite observant for your age".

"So I've been told," Aurora said, grinning back at her.

"Did you know that Elora plays the violin too?" the Queen asked.

"Is it? I never knew," Aurora said.

"You're almost as good as her," Queen Elena continued. "But it's been a while since I heard my baby sister play, so I can't be sure".

"Baby sister?".

"Yes. I'm elder by eight minutes," Elora said, grinning.

Aurora nodded politely. 

"Now, answer my question - why was your Claire de Lune so sad?" Queen Elora asked.

"It doesn't matter," Aurora said, smiling sadly.

"Aha! You must be the famous Aurora!" she said, almost triumphantly.

Aurora almost groaned in embarrassment. "Did Eric send you the video as well?".

"Yes," Elena said, sounding amused.

"Oh, Good Lord," Aurora said. "Has like everyone seen it?".

"Kind of, yes," Elena replied.

Aurora groaned. "I'm going to kill him".

Queen Elena chuckled. 

The door opened, and Aurora could make out a silhouette against the bright light outside the room.

"Is it you?" she asked, eagerly, smiling widely.

Elena looked at her, confused. 

"Who do you think that is?" she asked.

"Just someone I know," Aurora replied.

She was sure that the person was the maid she spoke often to. She always had mysterious ways of finding her, and Aurora just loved talking to her.

"I don't think it is the person you expect, Aurora," Elena said.

She waved her hands, and the lights turned on.

It was Queen Elora.

The contrast between her and her sister could not be more evident - Elora's dark blue dress made her look more severe than her elder sister. Both of them wore circlets - while Elora wore one embedded with sapphires, Elena had a ruby encrusted one resting lopsidedly on her forehead.

"Oh," Aurora said. 

She zipped the violin case, and took it in her hand.

"Why are you leaving?" Elena asked. "Please stay".

"I'd rather not," Aurora said. 

Elena looked puzzled at Aurora's sudden change in behavior.

"It was lovely meeting you, Queen Elena," she said, before giving a quick curtesy to Elora and walking away.

She could hear Queen Elena ask her sister what was going on, but didn't listen on for the reply.

One more minute in Queen Elora's presence, and she would burst into tears.