𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Giada, there you are!" He exclaimed. "What did that Janson guy have to say?"

"Nothing much, just asking about how the trials were," She admitted truthfully. There's no way in hell Giada's going to state that she'd willingly hugged the older man.

She sat next to the brunette, folding her hands over her lap. Giada was wondering where Janson ran off to so quickly. Something told her that deep down if he'd stayed with her, none of them would've been eying her down like some defenseless piece of meat.

In that moment, Janson decided to make his presence known, causally flanked by multiple guards. She immediately noticed he'd putten his leather jacket back on, and he was carrying around a clipboard with those nimble hands of his. The spot on Giada's back where Janson had touched her still felt oddly warm.

She zoned out then, ignoring the conversation partially that's happening all around her. Giada placed her hand onto her chin as she began watching the older man intently. She didn't have the slightest clue of what was happening, and neither did anyone else at their table because they were too busy eyeing Giada.

"Okay, so Giada's into those creepy old men, got it." Minho commented jokingly to Newt and Thomas, who both snorted.

"He's not that old," Giada responded with a long sigh before adding thoughtfully, "I'd say he's in his early to mid 40's."

She guessed Janson was calling their names for something important because a few people stood up and moved to the front of the room. Some of them were casually sneering at the people who didn't get called on.

"Where are they headed?" Newt questioned curiously.

"Somewhere far from here," One of the other boys responded.

Giada chose to keep her mouth shut. Some parts of this seemed a little convenient to her. She didn't think it's supposed to be this easy to get out of Wicked's grasp considering the efforts they took to make sure none of them got away. But then all of her uncertainties would vanish for a time being when Janson's calculating eyes surveyed the room, always meeting hers. He did that quite a few times, but never long enough for it to be deemed inappropriate. He made eye contact with her one final time with an unreadable expression before disappearing again.

With that, the guards rounded everyone up; including Giada and brought them to their own rooms. All of the former Gladers picked their own bunk and attempted to fall asleep. And she did... for a time being. She'd spent that little bit of freetime trying to see if she could recall anything about her past. However, all the woman could see was a black void, blank and empty.

All of the anger at not knowing anything began to fester more and more, and it certainly didn't help matters when Giada felt herself being shaken awake.

"Giada, get up!" She heard Thomas hiss.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Giada demanded groggily, opening up her eyes to see the brunette towering over her.

"There's this weird kid lurking around in the vents, claiming he wants to show me something." He began quietly.

"And what does this have to do with me?"

"I want you to come with."

Giada desperately wanted to ask Thomas why he couldn't do this himself, but luckily for him.. She's way too tired to bother objecting. So, she sat up, rubbing her eyes briefly before following the teen over to his bed. Together, they knelt down in front of the vent to see another brunette gazing at them with huge blue eyes.

"Hello, follow me!" The boy ushered the two of them inside, then crawling off. Thomas and Giada exchanged glances.

"I can't believe I'm doing this shit," She grumbled, getting on her knees and crawling into the ventilation system after Thomas.