"What's going on? I haven't seen you laugh like this in years!" the Queen said, looking at the two of them curiously. 

She too was dressed in casual nightwear - a pair of plain pants and a blue top.

This was the first time Aurora had seen her in anything but a dress.

"Lady Aurora, here, is kicking me out of my own painting room," King Edward said, laughing.

Aurora flamboyantly bowed before saying, "Now that you're out of the way, I think it's time to let my ah, creative juices flow".

The King choked on a laugh.

"Good night, King Edward. Queen Elora," she said, sinking into a curtsy once again.

"Oh that's not needed. You're in our home now, Aurora," the Queen said.

Aurora looked into the Queen's eyes for the first time in many weeks. 

"Unlike what many people think, I do possess good manners and etiquette, Your Majesty. And I've also learned my place the hard way," she said icily. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do".

She marched into the painting room, and slammed the door shut.

She didn't wait to see the pain glimmer in the Queen's blue eyes.

*** 

Aurora woke up to the sound of a large air horn. She jerked up, and looked around, seeing that she was in unfamiliar settings - not in her comfortable bed, but the hard, carpeted floor of the painting room.

She had taken over nine hours to finish what she thought was her best work, before she had applied a final layer of varnish and covered it with a black cloth.

She must have fallen asleep, she realized.

She looked around and saw Eric, Elanor, and Elodie staring at her, with identical mischievous grins on their faces.

"That expression on your face. Priceless," Eric said, trying his best not to laugh and spectacularly failing at it.

He swiped in the air, and a holographic screen opened up. 

She jerking awake was now a gif.

"I'm going to kill you," she said.

"Isn't that treason?" she heard a voice say from the door. 

She looked up and saw the King staring at her with an amused expression.

"Oh, I'm not going to kill him like that, Your Majesty. Elanor, Elodie, come on! Tickle war!" she cried out, and she and the twins pounced on Eric.

They tickled him for quite a bit, until he was begging to be let go and King Edward approached them.

Aurora immediately stood up, and opened her arms, barring him from going anywhere near the painting she had done.

"Out of bounds, mister," she said, somehow forgetting she was talking to a King, and not an ordinary man.

"This is his room!" Eric said from the floor, with Elanor and Elodie sitting on top of him.