𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"Let's go," The guard told her with a firmer tone. 

Oh shit, I better actually go with him so that way he doesn't get pissed off. Giada got right to her feet, rolling the sleeve back down. The guard shot her an approving nod as he walked over to the door; holding it open for Giada. She followed him, only glancing behind her once to see all of her former companions were eyeing her with confusion. 

"Does she have to?" Thomas was the first one out of them to speak. "We don't even know this guy-"

"Yes, she does." The guard affiliated. "And stay back kid." He only said that because Thomas had begun inching himself forward. 

None of them said anything else as Giada exited the room with the awkward guard behind her. He kept a close tab on the woman whilst they moved down a few hallways. They all had that same gloomy gray color with those hard floors. It's kind of ironic because just yesterday, Giada was stuck inside of the Glade with no hope of escaping. Now, she's in a completely new place that's full of possibilities. And there's a bunch of people there she's never met before. (Supposedly.) 

The guard that came to get Giada tried to occasionally make small talk with her here and there. She only nodded in his direction a couple of times. She was far too focused on her nerves. Why was she so petrified to speak with Janson alone? It's not like she knew him at all. He's just a random stranger. 

Giada kept fidgeting her fingers anxiously as she and the guard arrived at another metal door. Clearly whoever made this place was very flimsy with the interior, they didn't even try to change it up a bit. He knocked on the door loudly a couple of times before allowing his hands to drop down to his sides. The guard acted pretty talkative with Giada up until this point. Visibly, the man wasn't the fondest of talking to his boss. 

Biting her lip, she glanced down to see the door handle being turned, and then it opened up wide. Except, it wasn't Janson himself who answered, it was another man must've been talking to him about something. Another woman appeared beside the man, both of them having dark brown eyes with the same color hair. The man was black with a beard, along with the coolest dreads Giada had ever seen.  Either way, when their eyes latched onto her, they both equally looked surprised. The man even glanced back at Janson with pure disbelief as the older man joined them at the door. He wore an irritated facial expression, but when he noticed Giada standing there uncomfortably, all of the coldness vanished from his eyes. He even stood up a little straighter. 

"Here she is, sir." The guard commented, motioning towards Giada as if she were some sort of prized possession. 

"I can see that, I'm not blind," Janson reprimanded, frowning. "You can leave now."

Giada thought he was just talking to the guard, but apparently the command was directed towards everyone except for her. 

"But-" The brown haired woman attempted to argue, but Janson shot her a death glare that made her close her mouth. She turned to the other man next to her, latching their arms together jokingly. "Come on, Heath. It seems like Janson only wants our presence when it's convenient for him." 

"Oh, shut up Violet," The older man called out after her, rolling his eyes. She stuck her middle finger up at Janson in reply, but Giada didn't think he'd noticed it. Mainly because he's too busy surveying her, and not even in a creepy way either. It's almost like Janson's trying to figure Giada out in his mind.