37. Falling for her?

Start from the beginning

What are you doing to me, Niya?

"I don't know why I don't like to see you like this, Niya. Your tears started to affect me. I still know you are not innocent, but your innocent looking face makes me feel more guilty. I don't know why. I wish we had met in a different situation."

I got up and went back to my room.

Niya's POV

I got up with a severe headache. This has become my daily thing. Somehow, I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After brushing my teeth, I took my tablet and went downstairs to make breakfast.

Cynthia was already there in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Beautiful," she said, giving me a big smile, looking at me.

I smiled. "Good morning to you too, gorgeous."

"Niya, what happened? Why are you looking so dull?" She asked me with concern.

"Nothing, Cynthia. I am fine. It maybe because I got up early," I said, keeping the pan on the stove.

"It's already 7:30 am, Niya, and it's not early. Today you woke up late."

I looked at the time and she was right. It was 7:30.

"Did Aryan go to the office?" I asked.

"No, not yet," she replied.

"Okay, I will make him coffee then."

She held my hand and stopped me.

I furrowed.

"Niya, I want to say something," she said, but I could see worry on her face.

"Cynthia, is everything okay?" I asked.

"I am perfectly fine. But I could see you are not," she replied, looking straight into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I averted my gaze from her because I could see her seriousness in her voice.

"Niya, you are not looking well. And falling unconscious and your headache....Niya, I have a gut feeling that something is wrong. I think for once you should consult the doctor about it," she said. Her face was telling me that she was genuinely worried about me. Though she is no one to me, she knows me very well.

"Cynthia, you are simply worrying about me. I am perfectly fine," I said, giving her an assuring smile.

"But Niya, you-" she was about to say something but stopped looking behind me.

I turned behind. Aryan was standing there at the door of the kitchen putting his hands in his pockets.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Is my coffee ready?" He asked, coming into the kitchen.

"You go and sit. I will bring it for you," I replied.

"How are you feeling today?" His question made Cynthia drop the spoon.

She was looking at him with her open mouth.

"What happened, Cynthia? Is it wrong to ask this question?" He asked, looking at Cynthia.

She shook her head immediately.

"No, no, Mr. Obroi. I thought the right question came from the wrong person," she said, which made me giggle.

"What?" He was looking confused.

"No, no..I mean to say... I..," when she realised she was out of words, she looked at me pleading me through her eyes to save her.

"I am fine," I said, which made his eyes turn towards me. "You go and sit. I am bringing you breakfast," I said.