After Chaos

"I love you" he had simply stated as the wind begins picking up outside the little dingy cottage. "For how long? How long until one of us dies? How long until we can not feel any emotion at all? I can't. I won't" the other had said in return as tears pricked in their eyes at the man's confession. "Loving you would mean losing you." They had kept rambling as their breathing became unsteady as the first tear fell down their bleeding cheek. "That is a battle I have already lost," he said, as his thumb swept under their eyes grazing softly over the falling tears as they collect on this thumb.

"It will be one of us in the end," they whimpered in return to the soft touch as their eyes closed and their head tilted down wanting to cower away in a corner, "we don't have forever, we may not even have a week." "Then, just be mine for now, please Sungie" Minho stated again as his wet tense finger grazes under his chin tilting it up slightly, Jisung's eyes were still screwed shut, wrinkles forming underneath and around and he squeezed them harder.

This is stupid, Jisung thinks. Faced with a zombie apocalypse and they're throwing useless love confessions at each other, that could simply last only a couple hours. But he feels something wet on his cheek and he knows what his body is craving. As the sky outside darkens quickly; the stars have regained their twinkle as the sun sets, remaining zombies grumbling and groaning away from the silent cottage. Minho inhales deeply and the sound catches in Jisung's ears and that only makes Jisung's heart waver even more in the dimly lit house. They both don't want to face the heavy sadness in their heart about eventually leaving the dying earth or just each other, so they let the instincts take over. Follow the craving of each others body.

Minho leans down cautiously and Jisung seems to immediately understand what's going on because he's quick in meeting him halfway until their mouths are on each other, shy but full of passion and that craving. Minho twists his body so that he's fully facing Jisung, so that he can tilt his head at a better, more comfortable angle and then there's no more hesitation when he parts his lips, and Jisung follows suit, both of them just eager to drink each other in, to feel and taste each other as much as they can in the growing moment.

The skies open up fully and stars start to pour across the blank canvas, but they don't pull apart at least not immediately. Jisung wraps an arm around Minho's neck, clinging to him, while Minho's hand finds Jisung's slim waist, holding him steady. Their kisses only get more desperate as they get drenched in the feeling of longing, drenched in their bodies craving for each others touch.

When they have no choice left but to pull apart for much needed air, hoarse laughter escapes Jisung's throat. "We're actually kissing during an apocalypse," he points out, almost whispering, so that the aura around them doesn't break and not startle whatever lingering zombies were around. Arms dropping to land on Minho's built chest, as he continues "like we're starring in some sappy romance drama!"

Minho has to laugh along, but he tightens his hold on Jisung, moving his arm around him so he can pull him closer, flush against him, and resume the kiss just a little bit more, he thinks, they can be the stars of their own little romantic dying world for just a little bit more.

Jisung allows himself to look up after eyeing his fingers on his chest, to meet Minho's gaze, and he lets himself realize that even without Minho explicitly having told him about his feelings early on, the way Minho is looking at him should be proof enough.

The clear fondness-the love reflected in Minho's eyes is almost crippling in its intensity. He's has never felt more wanted in his entire life, and the best thing about it is that he feels the exact same about the man in front of him. It's a kind of reciprocity that allows him to bask in the adoration without guilt. He opens his mouth to say something- anything, but no words come out; no words are enough to express what he wants to say.