19

as the pub begins to open, oikawa is behind the bar. although he doesn't mind serving hot dishes, he prefers making alcoholic drinks more.

bartending is just a small side hobby of his. he likes to talk to customers and getting to know them over a drink. maybe even get a little flirtatious if he's feeling it that night.

oikawa pick up the mason jar from the top shelf. it contained homemade fermented cherries that kuroo makes for some of the drink.

struggling to get it open on the few first tries, he calls for iwaizumi.

"hajime! can you help me with this?" he slightly shouts, trying to overpower the voices in the pub.

iwaizumi came out of the kitchen and grabbed the mason jar from oikawa's hand; and on his first try, he was able to get the lid off.

"here,"

oikawa smiles, "thanks, what would i do without you?" he laughs.

"probably be dead," iwaizumi jokes, going back to the kitchen.

the night was long and tiring. by the end of their shifts, everyone was dying to go home.

oikawa stayed back a little, helping kuroo clean up the place more so he can at least wake up to tidy work space the next day.

"you know, i've always been wondering this; so let me ask you a question, oikawa."

oikawa looks up from what he was doing and crooked his head at his boss. "go for it, what's up?"

"when did you stop liking iwaizumi?"

oikawa let out a laugh. "when? or why? because i know you're dying to ask, kuroo."

kuroo shrugs, giving oikawa an apologetic look, "you don't really talk about it."

he props his elbows on the counter. "i'm not trying to hide it from you guys, honestly. i just don't see it as a big deal."

"really?"

oikawa nods his head, "we were just dumb teenagers who wanted experience and wanted to know what love felt like. i personally think my crush on hajime was a phase." he explains. "i was in a confusing conflict with myself and my sexuality at the time and couldn't tell the difference between a platonic relationship with a man and a romantic relationship with one. he just happened to get in between that."

"god... we were such a mess in high school." kuroo laughs, thinking back on their teen years.

"yeah, we really were." oikawa then asked, "what about you?"

kuroo raised an eyebrow, "what about me?"

"when did ya start liking rin?"

kuroo had to paused whatever he was doing when he heard this question.

"i dunno..." he shrugs, "it just kind happened out of no where."

"nothing ever happens out of 'no where', kuroo."

"it's not that big of a deal."

"do you still like him? i know you guys have casual sex from time to time."

kuroo pouts his lips as he thought about the question.

"i don't like him like that anymore," he admits, "but he'll always be important to me, you know?"

oikawa sat down on the single person couch and let out the biggest sigh. "why are all of our relationships so complicated."

kuroo sat on the arm rest, "not really, i kinda just think it's nana and bo."