12

"your mom wants me to go with you today?" kuroo asked.

rin nods her head, "we need another person today. it's just one photoshoot, kuroo, can you please go!" he begs.

he sighs, "me, you, oikawa, and nana are going to do a photoshoot together?"

"mhm, and i heard my mom got a new photographer for today."

"rin..." kuroo trails off, "i don't know if i can, i mean you three are professionals. i barely have any modeling experience."

"my mom was the one who wanted you to be the replacement," shrugs rin, "and knowing the shimazaki mika, she probably went through a whole list of people before deciding." he complains, emphasizing on the 'the'.

kuroo threw away the cigarettes he was smoking, "alright, i'll do it. anything for the shimazaki mika."

rin thanked him and told him to go back up to his apartment to change into something more simple. after that, the two boys headed to mika's studio.

shimazaki mika is nana, rin, riku, and kuze's mom. the fashion designer and model is famous for her simple yet eye-pleasing clothing line. despite being in her mid 40's, she looked quite young for her age.

so growing up, the four siblings were constantly modeling for their mother's clothing line. when they hit high school, mika met oikawa's mother and the two fashion designers became best friends.

during their high school days, the twins and oikawa were able to drag some of their friends to model with them every once in a while. mika was more than welcome to let them have fun and be on the front page for her website.

kuroo and rin made it to the studio. the place was bright with clothes everywhere. they saw oikawa and nana already getting their makeup done.

"mom, we're here!" rin announced as soon as they walked in.

mika went over to the two boys, "tetsurou, i'm so glad you were able to make it! i'm sorry that it was last minute."

kuroo smiles at her, "it's fine, i'm quite honored that you chose me to be the substitute model."

rin rolled his eyes and dragged kuroo to the makeup area, "we got work to do, kuroo."

"hey," nana greeted when she saw the two of them, "mom said the new photographer is cute as hell."

"really?" rin asked as he took a seat, "that's new, the last one was creepy."

"why do you think she fired him."

it took around 40 minutes for their makeup and hair to be perfect. as the four were about to go change into the first set of clothes, mika called them over.

"come meet the new photographer!"

all just shrugged and went over. the photographer seemed short. he was wearing a beanie that covered most of his hair and his ears had a few piercings.

"HAH?" kuroo yells, stopping in his tracks. "kenma?"

kenma tried hiding his face behind the camera but it didn't really work. nana let out a small laugh, "small world."

mika stared back and forth, "you kids know each other?"

"his mom works at the school eita goes to," kuroo says.

"well, then i guess we can skip the introductions! the four of you can rest for a few minutes as we get the outfits, alright?"

they all yelled out a 'sure' and went over to kenma. "so, you're the famous kenma kuroo has been talking about." rin says, bowing. "nanashima rin."