1. I've Got It Now (Part 1)

"Trav, I don't feel so good," said Vic to her best friend.

Travis stepped back and held a mask over his mouth.

"Ok, well that's not something you just say in the middle of a pandemic and expect to be taken lightly."

"I'm fine I think."

"Yeah, and I'm a chicken," he said sarcastically.

"It's fine. I'll be -" she paused to see if she needed to throw up, " - fine."

Hand over stomach, she walked away feeling green.

"Ok 19! Line-up!" ordered Captain Bishop.

As usual, the line-up took place in between the engines an hour or so into shift. Vic stood on the parallel tram lines, along with the rest of her team and a couple from B-shift.

"We have to close the memorial clinic for now because of - well, you know," she pointed to her mask, "so, we are opening a test station today."

The team groaned and threw their heads back.

"You know, as much as I want to poke sticks up strangers' noses, I'd much rather be on aid car today," said Vic. At this, she paused, obviously about to throw up.

"Hughes, you good?" asked Bishop.

Vic nodded and reluctantly stood up again, as if she had a rope from her foot to her head.

"No, no. You're not. Desk duty today."

"Nooooo," Vic moaned. "I need some action!"

"Ok, so Hughes is on desk duty. Warren, Montgomery. Aid car. And the rest of you are here, ready for anything... And poking sticks up strangers' noses. Test center starts at twelve. Ok, now go."

19 dispersed throughout the station, leaving Maya and Andy.

"Everything ok with you and Sullivan?" asked Maya, concerned for her friend.

Andy had been best friends with her since Fire School. There wasn't anything the other didn't know.

"Yeah. We chose to separate and now with COVID and all - it's just complicated," she replied.

Maya smiled sympathetically and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Okay. Well if there's anything I can do, let me know," Maya reassured.

Andy smiled and went to get cleaning supplies. The engines weren't going to clean themselves!

ENGINE 19. AID CAR 19. 2850 BROAD STREET.

The siren sounded and an organised chaos filled the station. The fire fighters jumped into uniform, got in the engine and took off.

"What we got, Captain?" asked Herrera.

"House fire. Two floors. Four residents. Only two have made it out," replied Bishop.

When they arrived, Bishop gave out orders for Warren and Montgomery to set up triage. Gibson and Herrera were to find the other two residents. Miller would hose it from the outside.

"Ok, so I've spoken to the family and they have no idea where the fire started, but their kids are still in there. Probably in their rooms, second floor," said Herrera on their way up to the house.

Once inside, smoke clouded their vision. There was no way they would be able to navigate through this.

"Gibson. Thoughts?" asked Herrera.

"Um, we use the hose as a guideline and listen out for any movement," he replied.

"Sounds good. Bishop, what are the names on the remaining residents?" she asked her over the radio.