♩| 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

Your Pov

Your Pov

"Emperor Belos wants to see you."

I read over the text a few more times:

Okay, I can do this....

Right?

I exited my office, heading down the long halls and stairs of the Emperors Castle. It was lined with gold and grey carpeting with stained windows of all his achievements.

I gave smalls nods and waves to the Coven Guards.

After about five minutes, I arrived the the emperors large wooden doors.

I hesitated, my hand hovering over the door, before giving exactly three knocks.

I pulled my hand away quickly, wiping sweat from my forehead as I waited at the doors.

After a few second, that felt like minutes, the door opened. It was the Golden Guard.

I smiled lightly at the boy before heading into Belos' throne room. He sat at the large throne, a large green beating heart settling right behind him. The room was dark and brooding.

So much for an emperor..

"Greeting, Mx. L/n." The emperor greeted me. I gulped nervously.

"Yes, Emperor?" I asked, trying to sound genuine.

"You see, Mx. L/n. We've been haveing some trouble with...the bard coven head.
You've heard of the attack, yes?"

I gulped.

"Yes- Yes I have." I nodded.

Oh no.

"Good. Now, Ms. Snapdragon..you know, can't always look after them..so, she trust you to look over them. I except you wouldn't mind sharing a room, no?"

WHAT?!

"I.." I gulped.

"Yes sir. That's fine."

It'll just make it easier to um..discuss plans obviously.

"Good. They'll be moving in soon, sense you have a two-bedroom. Thank you for complying, Mx. L/n."

"No problem..Emperor." I swallowed the saliva that was building up in my mouth, and swiftly turned to leave Belos' throne room.

So much for taking, obviously the emperor had a bit of Sufism anxiety..that was like, 3 words.

Or something like that.

It felt immediately better as soon as the large doors closed behind me, and the knot in my stomach quickly dissapeared. Before reappearing just as quick, as I registered what he said.

It's just Raine. No big deal. Just sharing a- house basically. It's not like you're ever in there.

I calmed myself down, deciding to go on a walk to get my mind off of things. I headed out of the castle, rushing past the guards and into the forest.

After I couldn't see the Emperors dark castle, I walked a bit more calmly. Letting the cool air flow around me as it slightly ruffled my hair.

I ran my fingers through my h/c hair, glancing around.

I approached a low-hanging branch on a tree. I grabbed it, hoisting myself up and wrapping a leg around the branch. After I was well on it, I climbed a few branches higher, till i was a good fifteen feet off the ground. The light wind slightly swaying me as I sat on the tree, gazing into the sunset stained sky.

"Y/n?"

Good grief.

"Ye-"

Raine!

"Raine! Hi!" I said excitedly. They laughed at me as I pulled out p/n. Wrapping my legs around the base of the staff as I fluidly rode down to the ground, hopping off of it and placing the dragon on my shoulder.

"W-What are you doing out here?" I chuckled awkwardly, looking at them.

"No reason." They shrugged.

"Did you he-"

They interrupted me,

"Yes, I did. I don't mind much. Actually, it makes things much easier. Doesn't it?"

I paused for a moment, things their words over.

"Yeah, it does doesn't it?" I smiled, they cupped my cheek.

I felt heat rising to my face, I gulped.

"It does doesn't it!" They said excited, moving their hand to my shoulder and shaking it.

"Y-Yeah it does." I cleared my throat, a bit flustered as Raine let go of me.

"I better get going then..to move in and such. Guess I'll..see you tonight." They laughed, leaving almost as quick as the came.

I sighed, feeling a pang of disappointment as I watched them leave.

꒰﹒⊹ ̟ ˚ ︶꒷ ♡ ꒷︶ ˚ ̟ ⊹﹒꒱

I opened the door to my room, not expecting to be met with Raine in my kitchen.

I gave a small jump, but quickly recovered once I remembered. Oh.

"Hi." I mumbled, dropping my backpack and heading to my room. Raine have a small wave as I shut the door behind me, stripping off my clothes and heading into my bathroom.

I turned on the shower, leaving my hair covered/uncovered as I stepped into the shower, letting the warm water wash over me.

After I was done, I slipped on a towel around me. After I dried off, I put on an oversized shirt and some back shorts. A knot of anxiety building in my chest as I stepped out of my room. Raine must've been in there room thank titan, as I got some water.

A few minutes later, I accepted that Raine was probably asleep as I trudged back into my room. Flopping into my bed and bringing the f/c comforter just below my shoulders before turning and attempting 'sleep'.

꒰﹒⊹ ̟ ˚ ︶꒷ ♡ ꒷︶ ˚ ̟ ⊹﹒꒱

A/n:
Sorry this is such a filler chapter (also quite short). Also I'm sosoosooo sorry for late release. I just started summer camp so like- updates may be a bit slower. Also thank you sososooo much for 155 reads like oml that's crazy?! anywaysss, thanks for reading! :3