SAM

I studied my necklace and scanned it thoroughly. I looked at it hard and checked it for ten minutes. Then I noticed some tiny hinges on the side. The jewel centerpiece opened? I opened it. In it was a metal piece with twenty numbers engraved on it. I removed it. I had a flashback.

               "Are you selling it?" Rodriguez had asked me.

               "So you're sure you're not gonna sell the necklace?" he asked a week later.

               "We like your necklace." Daniel had complimented.

               "Like the necklace." the men in black had said.

               I came to my senses and realized that the men in black were spies. Then I remembered that Daniel, Tod, and Ruth were wearing black, too. I put my hand over my mouth. Adrenaline rushed all through my body. Could it be true? All my friends are spies? This made me think of what Rodriguez said earlier when I was in his house.

               "Maybe you could join if there weren't so many cockroaches in your house."

               Cockroaches. I looked around. There weren't any cockroaches in my house. Then I knew what he was saying. A cockroach is a type of bug, right?

               I'm an only child, and when I was younger, I liked to pretend that these aliens were trying to kidnap the princess, and they bugged my headquarters and were listening to me to figure out where the princess was.

               Rodriguez was trying to tell me that someone had bugged my house.