"... Mhm. " was all Commander could say. An awkward silence following their encounter. The man couldn't say he trusted Krampus not that they had ever met personally until now. But the legends surrounding this seemingly horrible Titan kept bugging him.
What would have happened if Fallen King hadn't come with him? Would have Krampus killed him? He had reason after all, being banished away from his son and family for years by the previous "Commander". Surely he would want revenge... What a wild situation... He couldn't wrap his head around. On one hand his brain was yelling at him to leave the room immediately and on the other his curiosity was peaked. He wanted to know his side of what happened..
After taking a breath in, and hoping his head wouldn't be taken off for this, he began.

"Krampus..."

"Yes, Commander." said the Titan not bothering to turn around.

"Look, I know things are a little weird right now regarding this whole thing.. But umm.. I want.. to know the truth... I have heard countless versions of 'what happened' on the day you were banished. Among our ranks everyone recalled it differently... And I wish to know... What is your side of the story? What happened in reality during that day?" he paused, anxiously waiting to see if the Titan was furious or not. Krampus put the spoon from his tea down, turning to face Commander.
The Tower couldn't help but take a step back, feeling intimidated. His  expression serious but not unkind as he put his mug down on the table and offered Commander to take a seat as well in front of him.

"If you wish to know what happened then we have to go a while back.. It is a longer tale than the ones you have heard from others.. But just know this, when the portal was opened there were only two people in the room. Her and I. No other witnesses as some like to proclaim themselves."

Commander bit his lip nervously but he was too deep into it now to avoid this, "Go on, I am all ears."

Krampus sighed "Very well. Then lets start from the beginning..."

.....

"A few weeks prior to the 'fateful day' my brother, Fallen, went out to raid a village in the north, in the name of our father as by tradition.
It is usually him or Sinister that go on such escapades especially in the name of our kin. I, for one, don't really fight. Contrary to the legends you might have heard about me...Upon return he appeared to have caught a sickness... nothing more than the average flu it seemed at first... Days went by and for a while he looked a lot better... the ill-like paleness of his face went away, the eyebags under his eyes weren't as deep, no coughing, no sneezing... But then it hit... one morning everything went back to what it was or maybe even worse and he couldn't handle it anymore... Fallen dropped unconscious in front of myself and Molten while we were cooking... The poor boy, bless his heart, he started crying... His father was not showing any signals of waking up anytime soon... I went to check his fever and he was burning unlike ever before...
Days and days we waited for it to get better.. Nothing.. At one point Fallen couldn't even stay conscious anymore, he would open his eyes for a few minutes before drifting off again... The fever was not going down no matter what... We asked every Titan we had ever met if they knew a way to help him, potions, spells, medicine anything. Not a thing we Titans possesed could save him.. So, there was one last attempt we could make, to ask Towers for help... Sinister was in too bad of a shape to go, Father was gone conquering again therefore it was I who went to seek them out-"

Commander put his hands up as he chimed in, " Wait, wait, wait. Excuse me for interrupting. Did you say your father was out conquering? His son may or may not have been on his death bed and he just...thought it was best to just... Leave? "