"My fault, I woke you up?" I say emotionless, it wasn't me thinking. It was Darrel getting into my head.

"I was already awake, are you hungry?" She asks me causing me to scrunch my face up, tired of this happy family act

"Did you know that Rodney fucked with my opps?" I ask her, I didn't mean to. It just blurted out.

"I only knew he grew up in Harlem near where you did, I haven't seen him for years so no, I didn't know," She clarifies, sounding more hurt than normal.

"What are you trying to say? That I set you up Amir?" She asks, tilting her head. My silence is a answer in itself.

"You think I set you up? The love of my life? The father of my child? The same man i've chose to marry and spend the rest of my life with, you think I fucking set you up?" She asks, raising her voice with each question.

"Lani- I don't want to keep bringing this up but I was ready to spend 5 fucking years with you being locked up and you think i'd waste all of that just to set you up?" She interrupts, raging.

"You ain't stupid 'Lani, you knew Sugarhill was divided into two and I wasn't cool with them niggas on the other side, coincidentally where your cousin is from which you were so eager to go to." I tell her and she scoffs.

"I brought it up once, you were the one that said 'whatever you want baby', 'if you want to go we can go', who was the eager one nigga?" She retorts, standing up now.

Again, I stay quiet because she's right. I shouldn't never brought this shit up but apart of me, apart of me was angry.

"Why the fuck would I set you up? What would I gain from that Amir?"

"You think I ain't know about how you was feeling on Q?" I ask her and she takes a deep breath before starting again.

"He wouldn't let me go so I had to act like I wanted to flirt with him and he fell for it, of course I felt terrible doing it but my plan worked did it not? Am I not safe? Did I not leave with Adora like you fucking ordered?" She replies.

"You still think I set you up? Huh?" She asks, tilting her head. I sigh before rubbing my palms across my face.

"That's my fault i'm just paranoid- I don't give a fuck if you're paranoid, if I was in your shoes it would never cross my mind that you'd ever do that to me. Fuck you Amir, for real." She replies, sucking her teeth.

YESTERDAY

Two shots let off causing everyone to scream and run. I check around to make sure Kehlani wasn't anywhere around and thankfully she wasn't. Darrel started charging towards me, pistol in hand.

Don't tell me he's the one who shot up this fucking place.

"Where's that bitch Ro at?" He yells before letting out another shot. This nigga wasn't about to get me arrested.

"Fuck are you doing nigga? We in broad daylight." I retort but he ignores it, continuing to charge towards the actual house.

"D, hollon." I suck my teeth before following after him, two heads would definitely be better than one since we were up against 4 other niggas.

I keep my head low as I jog towards the house door before kicking it down. Two shots are let out by someone that isn't me or Darrel.

"Stop hiding, fuck ass niggas." Ro shouts before letting off five shots, one shot just about missing my head.

Fuck.

I jog into the kitchen before hiding behind a counter. I pat myself for my gun before realising I left it in the car like a fucking fool.