Chapter 2

Chocolate 

The smell of chocolate was spreading to the upstairs, like throwing a doggie treat being out in and about to a dog. The younger two came down the stairs “Can I have one? Please?” Leia came to the counter, Leia was pretty fin, with the same light skin as Astra but with honey color eyes mainly cover by her messy fulani braids “Only one, these are for the neighbors.” She handed one to her and turn to continue icing them. Nola finished icing the cupcakes “Okay, these cupcakes are for the neighbors and don’t you think you can take cause I know how many there are, there 26 of them. If you take them, I will make you throw it up and eat again…You got that?” Leia just laugh so did Nola “No but seriously, don’t eat them alright? I’ll make you guys more.” Nola started walking out the kitchen “Oh and tell mom, the same thing okay?” Nola walked upstairs and straight to her bedroom, to get ready. It was hard due to having to look around the the garbage bag filled of her clothes but she finally found something, A white cuff batwing sleeve grid shirt with a black Pinafore skirt and putting on a homemade cherry lantern sleeve cardigan. Nola look at the bathroom mirror and make sure everything was in place, making sure that the beads on her braids wouldn't fall off. Grabbing her lothian from her handbag and started to rubbing it on her elbows and knees, after making sure that the lotion did it’s job so she put on her black knee socks. Heading downstair, she grab her crossbody bag and the container with the cupcakes in it “Mom! I’m going out, I’ll be back in a couple of hours!” The front close behind her, as she started walking down the block.

The way to the house was again quiet, the only things she could wonder things but those things were just about things that might happen, but she just kept ignoring them not wanting to mess up all of this. She was getting house, the house was like her’s but instead of a square with another shape in the layout but it still had a front porch and is probably a two-story house. She walked up to the first step of the porch, taking in a deep breath and starting the feeling of regret kicking in and wanting her to turn around and go home however the neighbors might think she’s might be a weirdo that might stalk one of them later. She went up the porch steps and weakly knock on the door…before realizing that they had a doorbell, she felt even more stupid about that. The door open, a boy with brown hair that was cut into mullet and wearing a red tank top. He looked back at her, she expect him to think she’s creepy so she started to talk “Uhm…Hello I’m Nola, my family just move a block away, I thought to bring over some cupcakes… I really hope you don’t mind chocolate cupcakes” She handed him the container but notice the way he was looking at her, she thought that something was on her face or her her skirt was doing something it shouldn’t but she quickly notice that he wasn’t staring at her outfit more like he was staring at her legs, she look down at her legs where there are big patches of white skin on her legs that when it hit, she looked up they look into eachothers, it was awkward “Uhm…Yeah I have vitiligo so I have white skin patches all my body..Anywa-” a loud thump could be heard inside the house “HENRY!?!” a loud lived voice was the sounding of a old man, before she could say anything the door was slam on her. She heard shouting, not wanting to get involved and having the high chance of making things bad for him, she waved good bye and slowly started walking down the porch steps until the open again but with a slam, a man wearing a cop suit which to showed that he had a bit of a belly stand at the door looking straight at Nola “What are doing here?” he step down the porch, knowing how this might go so she slowly putting her hands in front of her and letting them lay flat on her thighs “Me and my family just recently moved here, sir” speaking in smooth tone, knowing if she didn’t play her cards right things will take a nasty turn “My mom wanted me to bring you a little gift since we lived near by.” Nola slowly raise her hand and pointed at that her house, hoping nothing awful would happen due to this “Whatever, now get the fuck off my property” She noded and slwoly walked away, with her hearing a word that she knew meant that this might have been a awfull decision.
Nola just walked home in silents again, playing with one of her braids…just thinking about what happen, she didn’t care about the cop due to this happening sometimes to her with the whole “it’s just that you fitted the description” line whenever she’ll just take a run with her hood on but what really stuck to her was the not his job but his son, she felt look she’s been through this before but not like this happen to a friend of her but who he was with…her. Nola just stop half to her house, just with her head flooding with all of the awful memories she had of him, silent tears went down her cheeks as just walked as she knew that her mom was on the edge with all that’s happen, she knew the amount of times she heard on the dail phone, crying. She just wipe for tears and started walking again just to let her eye go back to normal so her mom won’t notice, she just didn’t need to know. She just stared thinking of other things as she walked like the son.. what was his name…Henry? Henry what though? Henry sallow?...No…maybe Henry Emily?...that dosn’t sound right. She remembered seeing it on their mailbox…Bowers…Henry Bowers…nice name, she just walked inside the house and was ready for her siblings to slap her ass.